Search results

1. toptrain2100

Historic Railroad Buildings

I have repainted the windows and roof edging details a gray. I'm pleased with this appearance. frank
  2. toptrain2100

Now here is where I am right now. My second building needed work on the trim at the top of the second floor wall. It is done. I built the false front for the attic roofline that makes it appear as on the 1841 Lithograph.
  3. toptrain2100

Now here is where I am right now. My second building needed work on the trim at the top of the second floor wall. It is done. I built the false front for the attic roofline that makes it appear as on the 1841 Lithograph.
  4. toptrain2100

Here is my first two buildings to mt 1841 New Jersey Railroad and Transportation Company's first terminal on the Hudson River West Bank . Now here is where I am right now. My second building needed work on the trim at the top of the second floor wall. It is done. I built the false front for the...
  5. toptrain2100

*I have my 3 tracks laid down for the Depot trainshed. Now all I have to do is make the building around the tracks. I got some great windows for the head house.
  6. toptrain2100

Where I am now with me waiting for supplies to finish the Car manufactory building, I layed down the track for the yard between the Washington Street shop facilities and the depot on Hudson Street. I laid the rest of track which continues into the trainshed. I need to decide if at this early...
  7. toptrain2100

Louis, I keep thinking about repainting the car building a dark gray like on the lithograph and putting a lot of work into the 4 windows on that wall seen on the lithograph, making them have the many panes of glass like on the lithograph. It is common to see brick buildings with brick side walls...
  8. toptrain2100

At 72 that is have I feel. I thought I had a recent post with at least 2 photos in it. I looked up and down 3 times. I can't find it. It is not there. I post this and now there it is my post with two photos. I don't understand it. I guess that Sirfoldalot seem to be saying the same thing. I am...
  9. toptrain2100

I popped out the windows to help painting. Painted the wood roof btack. frank
  10. toptrain2100

Here it is after I removed it from the board. Ialso removed the detail centered on the second floor.Wall is OK so thats when i painted it red again. frank
  11. toptrain2100

Well I had a little setback. Left the window open on a humid day and the plywood trainboard surface warped more than usual. The new building [poped free of tis center connection to the board. I freed it the rest of the way and have a replacement floor which i will fasten it to. I repaint the red...
  12. toptrain2100

* All very nice stations. Very good photos. Here is the lithograph from the 1841 map. Next is my copy of that seen using my buildings and trains. Hope you like it? Frank
  13. toptrain2100

Louis. Nice photo of the B&O Baltimore roundhouse. This car manufactory building has very little information on it available. The 1841 map lithograph is the only source for a actual view of this building. This 1841 map seems to be Identical to a 1844 incomplete map which has a part of it...
  14. toptrain2100

Thanks for the thumbs up Bruette. I painted all doors and windows a dark green. Got 4 wall up but haven't made them strong yet. Ran out of plastic struct I am using for wall supports. Got to get to a hobby shop for some more today. Here's where I am now.
  15. toptrain2100

The strange gray shape is the location and footprint for the Car manufactory building. I've been painting it today. All I have today is the four walls with the window openings cut out. I put in yht windows and doors to see how they will look.
  16. toptrain2100

Keeping with this forums title of Historic Buildings, I am building a few of them. All physically lost to time. They were built on what is one of the most sought after real estate areas in the north east., so when they became outdated they were removed, and replaced somewhere else. Only the...
  17. toptrain2100

Custom painted Locos

here are a few frank
  18. toptrain2100

Pretty sure I bought the wrong one

Yep ! dito ! * For smoking locomotives I am not to wild about old Bachmann. If you are wealthy you can get a MTH steamer with smoke. I cant. * A list of locomotives with smoke that I have is . * The Marx Hudson. This loco with fill a room with smoke. Smoke unit like the following Gilbert...
  19. toptrain2100

Show us your caboose!

tyco caboose A kitbashed TYCO caboose of the Pennsylvania Railroad.
  20. toptrain2100

Old wood and steel billboard reefers

re trainminature A A&P stores reefer

Back