Search results

1. tooter

tooter goes big time...

While modelling and running HO trains is a lot of fun... :) ...I've always dreamed of a more encompassing real world railroading experience and so I've decided to lay some 7.5 inch gauge track in the yard that I can ride on. The materials have already been ordered for some time and are really...
  2. tooter

tooter's pizza layout...

For my first project I'm building a pizza layout... :) KuIPqEMkjbk rcxsylREKZg
  3. tooter

make your own preformed curve tracks...

Take a piece of Atlas Flex track. Remove the free rail. Put three screws into a scrap of wood. Push the rail through the three offset screws to put a permanent curly cue in it. Reinstall it into the flex track ties. Trim the ends with a rail nipper, and install Atlas connector ties that will...
  4. tooter

shunting tractor video...

Video of a Rivarossi shunting tractor pulling some Rix ingot buggies... :) Jwv3lBxpOZE
  5. tooter

WHAT?!! ATLAS SHRUGGED... a MOVIE?

This is the GREATEST train movie EVER made. :) 6W07bFa4TzM Opens on Tax Day... April 15th, 2011. :)
  6. tooter

first train video...

This is my very first tooters scooters video... LeiLQzyNDO0 There's no layout... no lighting... no sound... and no editing... so crank up your monitor's brightness or you're not going to see anything. :p
  7. tooter

tooter's train collection...

This is my train collection so far... :) ...but still no layout yet. :rolleyes:
  8. tooter

some narrow gauge micro layouts...

These are pics of some beautifully detailed japanese micro layouts...
  9. tooter

the charm of Japanese narrow gauge...

I've been looking at the Chinese railroad modelling sites for ideas, and have found their style to be absolutely charming... On30... HO... not sure of scale as it was in Chinese...
  10. tooter

cool little coal train...

Really cool little coal train... :)
  11. tooter

the beauty of narrow gauge track...

For inspiration on planning my layout, I've been looking at lots of railroad pictures for the kind of atmosphere I want to recreate. And it struck me just how beautiful narrow gauge track is in its surroundings... :)
  12. tooter

Chinese narrow gauge...

Found some really neat pics of Chinese industrial narrow gauge railways...
  13. tooter

tooters scooters...

I'll be posting all of "tooter's scooters" here... :) This is the original tooter caboose... It's was 57 year old all metal kit, and my first modelling project. A tooter train... I didn't build the wooden cars. Just painted the little 6 wheeled flat car... Added a tank for a...
  14. tooter

Shorty Transfer Caboose...

Built a little shorty transfer caboose from a 40 foot flatcar and a work caboose. Shortened the flat down to 22 scale feet... Then trimmed the roof on the work caboose cab and put it on... It's just HO and not true narrow gauge... but it's way too small for the regular...
  15. tooter

heavy duty 6 wheel log buggies...

Made a set of cool heavy duty log buggies out of some old six wheel trucks... :)
  16. tooter

makeshift electric loco...

I really like the look of old fashioned European electric locomotives, so I took all the stuff off the roof of an old Roundhouse diesel box cab and put a pantograph on it... :) Still needs a platform and insulators, but I think I can fabricate those. I just go for a look without regard...
  17. tooter

Caboose high throws...

Came up with a way to mount Caboose high throws onto my Atlas manual snap switches... I just stuck the throw onto a piece of sheet metal with a dab of silicone and stuck the metal to the underside of the switch so that when I move the switch, the throw goes along with it. :)
  18. tooter

Model Engineering Works Caboose...

While I've loved trains all my life, I'm new to modelling kits so this is one of my first projects... ...it's a 57 year old all metal logging caboose kit which has been somewhat of a challenge to my limited experience and skills, but nevertheless is an extremely engaging and entertaining...

Back