Search results

1. eTraxx

Scratch built tunnel portal

Yeah. I've done that .. I was just curious about his specific setup. I've run a CNC mill years ago .. but it was quite a bit larger .. in the order of 40,000 lbs if I remember. :)
  2. eTraxx

Scratch built tunnel portal

That was really interesting. Can you talk a little about the CNC machine please?
  3. eTraxx

Rail Racks, a Tarp, pallet and some tie plates

Which part? :) .. The Rail Racks .. wrote an article on that on Shortline Modelers Louge - Rail Racks The tarp is just some Magic-Sculpt (think Milliput) .. rolled out .. used some Talc (ok .. Baby Powder) to keep it from sticking. Stitching is just a razor-saw pressed into the putty while...
  4. eTraxx

Rail Racks, a Tarp, pallet and some tie plates

On 30 .. dude is due for a re-paint. Got the good stuff now. Before matt spray and wash matt and AI pin wash
  5. eTraxx

Mini Micro and Ultra Fine Micro Beads

Back from the dead and suds .. Bringing this thread back from the dead. I experimented with the Ultra Fine Micro Beads by mixing them in with Acrylic Gel .. I decided to pour a thin layer of EnviroTex on my Caddo Creek. In prep for that I have been painting the creek with acrylics and...
  6. eTraxx

On30? Anyone?

I'm building a bridge .. just left of the pump house I posted earlier. Needed a bridge shoe .. just got in the 3D prints today ..
  7. eTraxx

On30? Anyone?

Got the "landscaping" done in front of the pump house .. FINALLY! With that, I'm starting work on the front platform/walk and loading dock. Whew! Hmmm. Just thinking. There needs to be an oil-tank for fueling the engine in the pump house. No room behind, front or river side. I'm thinking...
  8. eTraxx

Casting my own bridge abutments

Sure! Borrow away!! :)
  9. eTraxx

On30? Anyone?

Last night, took a pic of the road .. and the stonework. Was unhappy like I said. Looked like .. as JazzDad said .. Salvador Dali had helped. Ha. So .. re-worked it today. Much happier.
  10. eTraxx

On30? Anyone?

Funny > Salvador Dali < .. I'm fixing that as I type (ok .. not AS I type but between typing). That was a 'quick and dirty' shmeer of plaster to give the road some support. I'm going back and making the walls vertical .. and cleaning them up/texturing the individual stone. Ha .. Salvador Dali...
  11. eTraxx

55 Gallon Drums

Using regular aluminum foil will form around the master (the styrene or white metal casting) easily with just thumb pressure. I tried some heavier foil - aluminum cake pan and I couldn't get it to form. I wonder .. if you took three strips of styrene and glued them down so there was a gap...
  12. eTraxx

55 Gallon Drums

I think you could do it in HO. Wrapping a barrel would be much the same and you would have to be very careful in handling it but .. even in O the darn things distort with a puff of air so I don't see it being that big a problem. It's mostly just being very careful. Those two pieces of keystock I...
  13. eTraxx

On30? Anyone?

I have a couple of On30 modules that I have mounted on the wall as a 'quick and dirty" shelf layout. Works for me. They are on my bedroom wall so .. anytime I feel like it .. I can do something. End of day .. added a little vegetation. That rock wall thing still bugs me. Gotta fix that .. meh ...
  14. eTraxx

55 Gallon Drums

Located my Dr O'brien's weathering powders so I .. couldn't stop myself .. had to rust that one barrel
  15. eTraxx

55 Gallon Drums

I had ordered a 'grab bag' from Tichy and one of the items included was a styrene 55-gal barrel in O scale. I was looking at it the other day .. and it occured to me that I might be able to use it to make some more from aluminum foil. 1) I took some 'Heavy Duty' (whatever that is supposed to...
  16. eTraxx

Comparing Gary, hard to say really. In my case I had the Latex rubber sitting on a shelf. I may have used a couple dollars worth I suppose. The plaster .. worth IMO investing in something more like a hydrocal. I just used some regular POP I keep in a bucket .. bought in bulk at a hardware...
  17. eTraxx

My abutments I found a diagram of a bridge abutment in Google Books. I found the various angles intriguing .. I modified the plans to fit my location (height off of water) and that's I'm running On30. Modeled it in Sketchup. Nice thing about modeling in Sketchup is that you can print...
  18. eTraxx

Mojave Desert-Looking for ideas

I spent 10 days on a Railload Team offloading a Brigade of Army equipment at Yermo back in the late 80's (1989 I think) .. then after two weeks at Irwin playing in the desert with Abrams tanks .. another 10 days re-loading the equipment. That was some of the hardest work I have ever done. Long...
  19. eTraxx

where can i get corrugated tin in ho scale

I built a shed in 1:24. At that scale, a paper-crimper made by Fiskars worked perfectly .. and I used cake pan aluminum While this is twice the size we need for O scale or 4x for HO .. this would work if you could get new gears made. It's only about $14 as Michaels
  20. eTraxx

How to Make Trees and Shrubs

That first photo looks like something out of a movie like Lord or the Rings or somesuch. Dang that's beautiful.

Back