Search results

1. J

Layout questions

I'v been sitting here contemplating my upcoming layout and my size constraints. I can go 60 inches wide and about 11 feet long and I know that 60 inches is too far to reach across. My question is whats the minimum width that I need to make my cutout in the middle? If I make it 24 inches, that...
  2. J

Spray foam insulation use?

Just wondering if anyone uses the spray foam for touch up work or crack filling in their layouts? I know that it comes in varying degrees of expansion which might come in handy for modeling work in mountain scenery, bridge abutments, ect.
  3. J

My layout era

Well I've been trying to decide what timeframe I am going to build in HO scale and it sure isn't as easy as I thought it would be. I have several favorites so to speak, I love the scenery options of the Rocky Mountains back in the teens, or the hustle and bustle of a bigger city like St. Louis...
  4. J

Plastic Cardboard Of Any Use In Modeling?

Just wondering, I've got access to several fairly large sheets that were old political campaign signs, prolly 3X5 or so and was wondering if these would have any use on the RR?

Back