Search results

1. S

Weathering/Painting Basics

I am building my first ever layout, and because it is my first I'm having to purchase EVERYTHING I need. With that in mind, I'd like to ask your help in developing a list of BASIC weathering and painting essentials. For example; basic paint and powder colors, and the manufacturers. Your help...
  2. S

Newly Acquired

Here is a couple of recently acquired cars. I won the freight car as a door prize at the local train show last weekend (free is always nice :D). The caboose I picked up tonight at the local train store. These will be the guinea pigs for my first attempt at weathering as soon as get some free...
  3. S

Ordered My First

I've been drooling over the Blueline SD40-2's for quite awhile, and finally put my order in today (BNSF). :cool: It was pretty hard to pass up the great price on "Factory Direct Trains". This will be my first Blueline and from everything I've seen online, it should be a great addition to my...
  4. S

Humble Beginnings

Hello, I am new to the forum and thought I would share the humble beginnings of my first layout. I've wanted to have a layout most of my life and I bought several trains about 10-12 years ago, but for one reason or another (usually lack of space), I've never built a serious layout. I still do...

Back