Search results

1. F

I'm feeling old ...

congrats Tony. Eight grandkids and two greats. Boy I am getting old. The nice thing is you can spoil them and the send them home for the parents to deal with.
  2. F

Your other interests...

Hi Tony sent you a PM. John
  3. F

Your other interests...

travelling in our motorhome prospecting/rockhounding/lapidary playing guitar and harmonica photography and my latest. I joined a civil war re-enacters group and am going train to be certified to be on the cannon crew.
  4. F

Possibly the worst looking block of stores you'll ever see.

Great scene Randy. Urban decay at it's finest.
  5. F

soooo whos got snow already

It snowed for about seven hours straight a week or so ago. It's all gone now.
  6. F

Naming Your Model Railroad

Since I live in Nevada I wanted something that was related to our state. About two hours east of me is Austin. This was and old mining community along highway 50. There was a railroad that ran from there to the Southern Pacific main line in Battle Mountain. This was the Nevada Central. It...
  7. F

Track washout!

I put a branch line on my layout that has a collapsed tunnel on it. Put son grass and shrubs on the track and it looks good.
  8. F

Smith Lake Freight House By Monroe Models

Nice job, it looks good.
  9. F

Is this Nscale or HO building?

I was also going to say use it as a forced perspective. I have several N scale buildings back in a canyon on my HO layout. They look good and give a feeling of more depth to the lauout.
  10. F

Layout inside a boxcar??

A friend of mine used a large office trailer to build his layout. It was very nice.
  11. F

Grade Crossing construction

fantastic idea. Thanks for sharing it.
  12. F

As we close 2011

grats Chad.
  13. F

Train songs

City of new orleans is a great song on of my favorite songs to play when I have the guitar out. A little known song called railroad line by the gibson brothers is really good. I would post a link but honestly, I don't know how. it's on you tube though.
  14. F

Turkey Day

Happy Tanksgiving to everyone. I hope it's a great one.
  15. F

In-ko-pah Railroad: 1/24th scale bakery finished!

That whole scene is just awesome.
  16. F

I need a new camera

I am also a big fan of slr's. I shoot Canon but all the brands mentioned are good. The better the lens the better the pics. The lenses that come with the cameras are ok but not top quality. They will serve for now. you may want to upgrade at some time depending on how serious you get about...
  17. F

Workin on the Railroad (what did you do this week?)

I worked on laying rail some. I laid the turnouts for the small yard. Only three tracks. Mostly though I cut sheets of corrugated aluminun into tiny pieces for the Campbell silver spur mine I am building for the layout.
  18. F

Green Pass Service Station

Looks great to me. Nice job.
  19. F

Favorite Train movie

That was great thanks for sharing it.
  20. F

Railroad Slang Terms & Their Meanings!

You are correct. the couple years I was a brakeman thats exactly how we did it. Of course different lines could have other rules as well.

Back