Search results

1. T

Rheostat sizing

Can someone please advise me on which size wirewound rheostat to choose to operate an HO layout. I operate doubleheader Bowser steam locomotives. I think 3-4 amps might be needed. I see many for sale on eBay but not sure what to buy. Too high a rating and it will just run at full speed. Too low...
  2. T

MRC 1400 repair and upgrade

Ruined the pot in the unit by doubleheading Bowser K4 Pacific's pulling 20 Ulrich metal cars. The POT is marked R1378817 The Regulator(?) Chip is marked D1192 8B3 Replacing the pot would be easy but Can anyone advise me about choosing different components which would give a higher amperage...
  3. T

Need an HO turntable part

My antique Williams turntable came with a plastic bridge. But there is no tall center arch, or support structure for the wires to connect to. There would be a set of contact rings to carry power out to the motors at each end. Or, in my case, to the rails. Anyone know of a manufacturer of this...
  4. T

Wire size

I am rewiring Athearn blue box f7's to get rid of the metal strip and put in LED headlights. I have 30 ga stranded wire. Is this wire too skinny, with the original motor? Thanks.
  5. T

Noisy Bowser engines

I have a small fleet of Bowser steamers that sound like coffee grinders. Worm and gear alignments are good. It's just the old design. I would like them to run quietly. Any suggestions?
  6. T

Train detection

Can someone please advise me on an alternative detection method. I am using reed switches mounted between the rails to change turnout position and reverse center section polarity on a point-to-point track. Reverse loops at each end. The reed switches are passing 5vdc. I must use engines that are...
  7. T

O Rail production

Happy New Year everyone. Can anyone with sheet metal forming expertise advise me about continuously forming Signode Strap (banding) into O rail?. I need rail. Lots of rail. I propose to circumnavigate my privacy-fenced yard with track at waist-height for fast running of big consists. Say 400...

Back