Search results

1. P

Clubs, good or bad?

clubs, good, or bad This club has some 180 members, so they say, but I seem to see the same small group all the time. They claim to have members all over the USA, and a couple of forgien countries. I'd like to know how these cats qualified for membership when they're not even around. This clug...
  2. P

Older kato F unit coupler replacement

Kato replacement couplers Recently I talked to atlas, and was able to get the new accumate couplers from them and they can also be used to replace those old couplers on the F unit you have. They're very similer, and compatable with the micro trains and are cheaper. Either way, it shouldn't be...
  3. P

Clubs, good or bad?

clubs, good, or bad Well guys, I've been going to this club trying to qualify for membership for several months now, and it seems each time I go to run trains, I get more flak on club rules, and the things I have to do for membership. To qualify, one must attend club meetings in the middle of...
  4. P

room for a layout

It's supposed to rain and has started already this morning. I was going to run trains on my tiny little 2x4 layout when the ol lady comes out and say I should put plastic over it so it doesn't get wet. You see, my layout is in the backyard under an awning. I live in a four bedroom home, no kids...
  5. P

accumate couplers

I did ask Atlas and I got the site that CSX Robert mentioned, so have ordered some coupler sets to try out, Thanks guys, and thanks Robert for your help.
  6. P

room for a layout

Where the trailer layout is going there is an unincorporated town of some 199 souls, no city ordinances, no home owners associations, or I wouldnt have bought a place there. I bought there because of the freedom to do as I wish, so a trailer is no problem, just put a new paint job on it so it...
  7. P

Clubs, good or bad?

Those are some great photo's of those ol Macks, thanks for sharing those. I spent a lot of time talking to the Sun and Sand guys, stayed an hour after running was over to visit with a board member, and he was really nice and fun to visit with. Now I just have to meet the club qualifications so...
  8. P

Retirees: What's your morning routine?

Well, I love to watch the sun come up, and the elk in the meadow below us move back into the timber, then I turn to the birdfeeders under the pine trees and check em out while I drink some hot coa coa. Then it's breakfast, and on to my hobby room for a while, unless I roll the dice and decide to...
  9. P

accumate couplers

By Kadee, I did mean Micro Trains, it is what is was once called, thanks, and I did not know that McHenry made n scale couplers.
  10. P

Clubs, good or bad?

Saturday I went to Phoenix, AZ and found the Sun and Sand Ntrak club only twenty minutes from my home. Met a bunch of really nice guys, and they let me as a guest run my own trains on their great club layout of Ntrak modules. I think I've found a home with these guys. Spent six hours with them...
  11. P

accumate couplers

This is N scale, from another SF fan. This is the N scale site right? ha ha I have a collection of locos from clear back to the 70's, like some 70 locos, and am trying to get them and my rolling stock all to something other than rapido couples. This leaves either Kadee, or accumate in N scale...
  12. P

crooked lumber

Thanks guys, tons of great advice, I think I'll look into metal studs, or use 1X4's with a plywood top to stiffen it up, use glue and scresw. I just wanted to go lght weight, but that may not be an option. I can weld, done it for years, but never thought of using angle iron as a frame. Thanks...
  13. P

check this out!!

Modelers are all crazy, and I've seen this done before. The love of modeling be it trains, planes, or automobiles is inspiring. Makes our hobbies a real presure relief valve, and tons of fun. Who cares what it sounds like, the fun of a successful build, and personal achievement are out of this...
  14. P

accumate couplers

I've a bunch of older locos that need to go to either Kadee, or the accumate couplers now coming out on new locos. Does anyone know if a guy can buy these new accumate couplers to install on other locos? Kadees are great, but maybe these accumates are cheaper? I looked at Atlas and can't find...
  15. P

Clubs, good or bad?

mack trucks My first truck in the mack dept was an old B-61 with an end dump on it, man that was years ago. I drove it for several years, then I got a dm 600 side cab on a ten yard mixer, I loved that truck, drove it for several years, then a 700 L on a cozad low boy with a jeep and tag axels...
  16. P

Clubs, good or bad?

Whats with the Mack trucks logo? I used to drive em, and they're great trucks did the heavy haul thing. Glad you've had a positive experience in a club. At least someone has a good thing going. I'm two for two at the moment, and doubt I'll try again.
  17. P

Clubs, good or bad?

Wow, I figured I was the only one who felt this way. Well, i tried to talk to em, and it was a total failure, and huge disappointment, so I'll remain with my own layout I guess. Thanks for the input, at least I don't feel guilty an;ymore.
  18. P

Clubs, good or bad?

I live in Arizona, and as I lost my layout room in my basement due to a divorce, I figured a club would be nice, so I contact the guy listed and he tells me, great, come on over and meet the guys. Well, I did, only to find out the group had split up over politics in the club, a bunch of the...
  19. P

room for a layout

to dgwinup---Where the trailer will go is in a tiny community of 199 people, an unincorperated community, no rules, no home owner associations, freedom. We all have our own wells and septic systems, so the deal of permits is not important. Thank heavens.
  20. P

room for a layout

I was on Craigslist last night and found a old travel trailer, 8x35 feet for sale for 1500 bucks. Very nice inside so am now thinking along the lines of an older, cheap trailer for my layout, should I need to move, no problem, just hook on and away I go. Something to think about anyway.

Back