Search results

1. L

HO an N mixer

I'm still in the planing process of a multi-deck layout. The two lower levels will be a mix of one and two levels, and will be HO. The upper level I was thinking of going with N and with the theme of logging. One idea I've had was to have a plume with the logs entering in on the N level and then...
  2. L

Bakersfield show

I have the chance to be in the area of southern Cal. during the 14th of March which is the same time as the show in Bakersfield. Has anyone been to it in the past to know if it is a very good venue?
  3. L

Brick red paint

Help I live in an area that is 100 miles to the nearest Walmart and 3 1/2 hours to any freeway so to say we live in a secluded area is putting it mildly. I need to find a paint for brick. Both antique and new. Sure there are the internet stores but the color charts just don't often match what...
  4. L

asphalt roofing

I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried "Zonilite" paint, and if it looks like asphalt roofing. Rust-oleum brand has their line listed as "Stone". It comes in a small amount of colors. Or is there something other than this that someone is using that has a good representation for asphalt...
  5. L

Hornby decoders?

For those of you that are up on Hornby loco's and decoders I could use some help. I have a R396 class J13 0-6-0, an R066 class 7P 4-6-2, and an R309 class A4 Mallard. They were made about 1980 and depending on what decoder list you look at you can get a different idea of what is needed. Also I...
  6. L

Rivets

Yes, another new guy. I'm doing an HO layout and I want to scratch build an arch style bridge out of tubing. How long, who knows as of yet I'm just planning this stuff in my head and I can see it but I need and idea for the rivet heads. I'm sure most of you out there are smarter than I am and...
  7. L

10 amp DCC

Is 10 amp dcc to much for HO? I want to run at least 3 or 4 HO at one time and possibly N scale also down the future.
  8. L

Plenty of fish?

Yes, I'm new here but I noticed that another new guy had been banded from the forum for a web link. I started up the forum this morning and there was an ad for plenty of fish .com, some sort of dating service, is that something I should expect here?
  9. L

Yes, another new guy

But my first thread was to solve a problem from happening on the layout I'm planning. The response was great. I'm a retired missile and explosive worker. But then I went back to work raising cattle and hay and that seemed more than I wanted to do so I sold most of the heard. During a visit to...
  10. L

track angles

I'm working on an HO layout with two layers. In coming down from layer two to layer one on a 24" radius should the track be banked to the inside and if so, what angle? The grade will be about 2 1/2% to 3%. Also this will be my first time with DCC so is there some way that I can set up a sensor...

Back