Search results

1. S

Northern Pacific, Really Terrific!

That's right, Iron! I model the northern area of Wis.(protolance). Would you see any of those roads this far north? Or did that equipment stay more south? More engines isn't so bad!!:cool: Terry in NW Wisconsin
  2. S

Northern Pacific, Really Terrific!

That's why I model the BN in 1972. I get to run 4 roads! Never could make up my mind on just one. Old pic. But you get the idea! Terry in NW Wisconsin
  3. S

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVI

Afternoon, fellas. Rainy here but not as hot and humid. Hang in there, BigE! You seem like the kinda guy who'll whip this " speedbump in the walmart parking lot of life"! Corey, congrats! Curt, thanks for the nice comment on the youtube vid! Or did I thank ya already? Sucks getting old. Been...
  4. S

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LV

Morning,all. rain and muggy. Pretty good light show last night! Willie: I need one of those in the train room!! I made 125 trees before I ran out of foam. Here's a cost breakdown: 2 cans aquanet hairspray................ $6.00 1 bottle WS foam.......................... $11.00 about 1/2 can...
  5. S

Hi, guys! 88f and miserable outside. We're under a severe t-storm watch. Wouldn't surprise me if that happened. Thank you all for the positive comments on the trees! Makes a guy blush! I love seeing all the GN,NP and CB&Q stuff showing up! Hope that things start looking up for ya, BigE...
  6. S

Evening ,all! Work has been busy but I've kept up with the postings. I did make another batch of trees and planted some of them. Ran out of foam, tho! Here's a before pic. This spot is about 8-10" from the tracks to the pines and about 20' long: And after. There's more than 50 new trees...
  7. S

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LIV

Well that sucks, Big E. I am sorry to hear that. Garry: I responded across the street. Thanks for the nice comments! Terry in NW Wisconsin
  8. S

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXI

Hey Eric, keep in mind I'm only one state away. Might be more to ship to you. Bill's a bit grumpy til he gets to know you. Great guy tho. He 'll take care of ya! If you don't see what you're looking for on the website, ask him. He has it or will get it. Terry in NW Wisconsin
  9. S

There used to be a lot of hobby shops in the Cities. University Hobby was one . The one in Har Mar , I think was one of three. There, Signal Hills Shopping Center and on Lake street by Sears. Damn if I can remember the stupid name. Woodcraft Hobbies !!!!!!! Ha, I am not old!! Hub hobby has or...
  10. S

Didja tell Bill I sent ya!?? Terry in NW Wisconsin
  11. S

That's it,Eric. Any order over I think $120 is free, otherwise it's like $7. I have bought alot from him. IM wheelsets by, and no joke, the 100's! Terry in NW Wisconsin
  12. S

You guys should try Becker's MRR Supply in New Brighton on Silver Lake Road.He is my only supplier. Has a web site, will get you anything. Prices are lower, too. Tell him Terry in Sarona sent you! Terry in NW Wisconsin
  13. S

Model railroad season

Year round for me. I build trees in the summer. For some reason the wife won't let me spray paint inside. Terry in NW Wisconsin
  14. S

Can someone explain why this was happening?

Are the trucks loose and free? I found a few cars after swapping out wheelsets that I had over-tightened the truck and it wouldn't swivel or rock. Derailed at turnouts. Terry in NW Wisconsin
  15. S

Good morning! 28f and clouds, going up to 40f. Next week is supposed to be mid-50's. With the warmer weather my phone is ringing off the hook with people that want stuff built. That's all good, but everyone wants their work done at the same time!So far I have contracts for a 6 car garage with...
  16. S

Wow!! Some great work being shown!! Hope everyone is doing well. Grandson #1 hockey team, Peewee A(12-14 years old) is playing in the Minnesota State Tourney this weekend up by David. Grand Rapids. Long Drive but we're thinking of going. Trains are really running good but I'm the only one...
  17. S

Weekly Photo Fun Feb. 28 - Mar. 5

Great photos! A superior freight overtakes a waiting local : Terry in NW Wisconsin
  18. S

Running Bear's Coffee Shoppe LX

Morning! 3f and clouds. Wind has died down. Another train day for me! Thanks for the comments ,guys! Garry: Your photo didn't show up in WPF. Big E: I also use styrene for roads. For sale signs from a big box or hardware store.The bigger the sign, the thicker the styrene. I use thick ones for...
  19. S

Running Bear's Coffee Shoppe LX

Afternoon, all. 9f ,clear clod and wind. Was in a few ninutes ago and saw NG's post about feeders, so I wandered over to read the thread. Came back here and NG's post is gone? Anyway, here's my experience on feeders. I suck at soldering so i used Atlas terminal rail joiners every other section...
  20. S

Weekly Photo Fun 2/7 - 2/13

Cool stuff! My humble contribution. Priority freight #406, SUPALT ( Superior to Altoona) overtakes a local in the hole: Terry in NW Wisconsin

Back