Search results

1. posse

Anyone interested in a caboose?

The old IMRL 10 (ex SOO 124) caboose that has been sitting in Mason City, IA, has now been delivered to Clayton Co. Recycling center in Monona, IA. I just talked to the owner this morning and he said they have no immediate plans for the caboose. If some one is interested in buying the car, he is...
  2. posse

Roundhouse 2-truck shay

So one day I decided I wanted a shay, and in one way or another, I was going to get one. After seeing the prices of a Bachmann shay, I wasn't ready to pay that kind of money. But, there are cheaper ones, and the cheaper ones have some assembly required. When I was younger, I did put...
  3. posse

June 5, 2011 Harpers Ferry derailment

I would like to tell a story of a little excitement that happened in NE Iowa reciently. My day started early Sunday morning at the Marquette depot. After getting all our paperwork ready, we hopped on the train and headed North. We met our first train heading South in a siding South of Winona...
  4. posse

Looking at Bachmann steamers

Hello, I am looking for a small steam engine for a little yard work. It will be for a small logging layout I plan to get started on soon. What I am looking at are Bachmann's 0-6-0, 2-6-2, or 2-8-0. My questions about them are: How close are they to a prototype? How well detailed are they and...
  5. posse

Detail kit question

I was wondering if the Walthers Cornerstone detail kit 933-822 for Athearn F7A and B, is any good? Are the pecies good quality, accurate? I have an Athearn F7A and B that I would like to try to do a little detailing to.
  6. posse

Ready to start on my 4'x6' ho layout

Hello! My name is Kyle, I've been playing with model trains for a number of years, but 6 years ago I tore up the old grass mat and I'm finally getting serious about building a new layout. I plan on modeling an old, back country, saw mill somewhere in the rockies around the 1950's. I know...
  7. posse

Would the upgrade be worth it?

I'm new the the forum, but I've been running trains around simple ovals for over 10 years and hope to change all that. Over the years I've purchased 4 athearn trains, a GEB (powered), F-7A (powered) & B (dummy), and a SD40-2 "snoot" (dummy). The GEB has 4 out of the 5 motor windings that are...

Back