Search results

1. S

Do You Belong to a Model Railroad Club?

I used to belong to a club back when I liked in MA, but there are no clubs near me now that I moved to Cleveland Heights, OH. Oh well, all my stuff is in storage until me and my girlfriend can get a house.
  2. S

Mbta gp40mc!

That is the same paint scheme. The prototype picture is wearing faded paint.
  3. S

Mbta gp40mc!

Very nice! I personally do not like the Geeps, I would rather have a fleet of now departed F40PHs but that is the best looking attempt at a GP40MC I have seen!
  4. S

MBTA cab car project

I need to get around to installing lights. sound and a plow on my cab cars.
  5. S

Existing club looking for new members!

No problem. You have a lot of valid points. The site does need a lot of work. We got online a few years ago and that's about as far as we got due to some issues within leadership. I doubt the site will be a immediate priority, but eventually it will get some work.
  6. S

Working in it. I have to shoot some photos and hand over the memory card to our webmaster, just have not had a chance to do it recently.
  7. S

Hello. If you are in the Worcester, MA area and looking for a HO scale club, feel free to check out Real Model Railroaders. We have recently had a change in top leadership, and are looking for new members to join us! All the info can be found at www.realmodelrailroaders.org!
  8. S

Athearn's Latest Price Increases: Im out...

I am only 26, but I remember when the top of the line locos went for 50-70! Fast forward to today, now the top of the line locos are 200-300! I realize back when top of the line locos were 50-70, there was no DCC or sound decoders, but the non DCC and sound units are the ones selling for around...
  9. S

NS Heritage Units

I am looking forward to the Conrail heritage unit. Fresh dress blue!:D
  10. S

Steam, Steam to Diesel Trans., Diesel

All of what I have for power was roaming the rails in 1999 when Conrail was split up. The cars? Well, since Conrail is still alive(In HO), they range from what you would have found in 1999 to cars and paint schemes of today that did not exist in 1999.
  11. S

When was the last time you actually ran a model train...

About two weeks ago, however I will be at the throttle tomorrow morning.:)
  12. S

help decieding on ho diesel engine

I have had a pair of Atlas GP38's move 60 cars uphill with no issues at all. Coming out of the yard, there is a grade heading west. I would not send a road train out powered like that, this was a switching move. I rarely run one unit. Even my switching moves/locals are usually a pair of...
  13. S

What do you do for a living?

I guess I should update this..... I am still with Cumberland Farms. I am now a CSL(assistant manager).
  14. S

Priority Mail Prices

FYI, stamps are going up later this year also. ALL postage(stamps, packages, extra services) is now planned to have a small yearly increase every year due to the financial trainwreck the USPS is. I got this info from my mother who works for USPS. As always this is subject to change, but USPS...
  15. S

Big e

I will not be there. Besides the lack of $$$$ to spend at the show, I have to work.
  16. S

Working on my layout

Looks good! I do not have a home layout, but I am getting started on working on the club layout. Adding a few things here and there.:)
  17. S

Did anyone else order Amtrak Heritage unit #822?

Update #2. Got the replacement loco today. Not only is the ladder on straight this time, there is no white paint all over the sides! There is a slight scrape above the rear side door(looks like someone tried to carry something too tall thru the door), but this one looks far better than the...
  18. S

I agree and I would have ordered from a shop, but these are only available directly from Amtrak. Shepaug is a great place. I have spent a LOT of money there!
  19. S

Well, in addition, Athearn is the only one that has made a HO P42DC outside of brass. Athearn's QC has been going down for years, and is just continuing to get worse. I am hoping for a change in that, but I do not see it coming.
  20. S

Update..... After contemplating whether to send it back or not(I have been waiting for this unit since July, when I found out they were going to make it), I called staples and spoke to them. The end result is they are shipping me another unit with a shipping label to send this one back. I...

Back