Search results

1. A

Walthers Amfleet superdetailing project (ongoing)

Hello all, been a while since I posted on here. I am in the process of detailing quite a few Amfleet I and Amfleet II cars, the thread can be found here in case you want to follow along: http://acmodels.boards.net/thread/132/walthers-amfleet-project-updated-11 While this has been a fun...
  2. A

Walthers los angeles union station!

Great pics there Chris! Being from NJ, my only experience with LA Union Sta., is passing through it a few times, and it is truly a magnificant structure. Modeling-wise, I have no use for it, but I am curious to see the Ad when it comes out. Hmmmm a diorama, now there's a good suggestion, that...
  3. A

Walthers los angeles union station!

Okay, i'll bite here, I don't model the western roads, but for you Coast Starlight/Sunset Ltd./SW Chief/Metrolink/Surfliner/ westerm streamliners, etc.... modelers, here ya go! 933-3390 Cornerstone(R) Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal - Kit (Lasercut & Plastic) -- Overall Dimensions: 29 x...
  4. A

Next Walthers passenger train for 2011 is...

Walthers has not done the Daylight, this beautiful train was done by MTH in HO and currently Broadway Limited Imports in HO Scale as well. -Tom
  5. A

The North Coast Limited is a good choice. The B&O Capitol Limited would look absolutely fantastic, I forgot about that one! These yearly passenger trains are one of the best things Walthers has going for them, they are very popular and the runs tend to do well. From the LHS I go to, when they...
  6. A

What other famed trains are left? The SP Sunset Limited The Crescent The Silver Meteor The City of New Orleans / Panama Limited EL Phoebe Snow (possibly) Not counting the CZ since BLI already did that.
  7. A

The PRR Broadway Limited! As evidenced on the cover of the 2011 Walthers HO Scale reference book http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/913-211 Also has been confirmed on the Walthers Facebook page. PRR modelers, your day has come! Tom
  8. A

Sealant question...

Hmmm good idea, .005 brass is a better idea!
  9. A

Sealant question...

Photos will be posted soon hopefully! The Superliner interiors seem easier to remove than the Budd interiors (and yes, it takes quite a bit of playing around!) Right now I am trying to figure out a way to blank out the Superliner Lounge window on a SI Lounge car (lower level, window closest...
  10. A

Sealant question...

I saw your pics on the Model Railroader forum a LONG time ago, it is funny you pop up on here with them! haha. Actually no I haven't, I have been working on the interiors. A fleet of 16 cars tends to be tedious haha. For those of your familiar with the new Walthers Superliner cars, I...
  11. A

Sealant question...

Antonio, thank you very much for this, ps your work is great!
  12. A

Sealant question...

That finish, is... amazing!
  13. A

Sealant question...

Greetings all, While I have been model railroading for well over 20 years now, I am faced with my first question when it comes to sealants. I have a fleet of the new Walthers metal plated Superliners (in Amtrak's IVb scheme); and in the past I have always used Dullcote to seal the...

Back