Search results

1. tankist

Ridgewood Lines- Layout Planning

Hello members. after few years of absence i'm planning a railroad again. My first attempt did leave me with quite a bit experience, learned what works and much more so what doesn't . I hope to build a fun road that will keep me busy for many years. in this thread i will be sharing and...
  2. tankist

Intermountain and red caboose cars. trucks?

a question to owners of these cars - do they come stock with accurail trucks? asking on behalf of oversees modeler that just discovered on his new cars he ordered. wants to know whether its coincidence or thats how these companys do their cars. thanks!
  3. tankist

remote decoupling - the proper way

I heard it on other board and man it looks exciting . looks like a proper way to accomplish the decoupling task without hacking together somewhat crude solution. the firm making this happen instills hope it will be a workable solution. hoping it is for HO http://remoteuncoupling.com/html/video.htm
  4. tankist

European rail. our experience

repost. some might have seen this on the other board Even without visit Miniatur Wunderland we had quite an exciting trip. 4 cities in 6 days, all rail aside one ferry crossing. the other ferry crossing is still rail since we boarded the ship by rolling into it on the train. Traveling across...
  5. tankist

and so i've been to Wunderland :)

i expected something very very grand, but still was tremendously impressed by the size of this venue. i learned all i could learn about the place, studied the plan, looked at pictures, planned my visit, butt o no avail - at the moment i got to the main floor i was lost. we arrived at...
  6. tankist

Momentary occupancy detection

I looked at options to buy such device for the purpose of protecting and disabling occupied turnouts. it seems that options are limited to rob pailey's circuit (any one here bought his product?), or the overpriced one from micromark. any other options available? thanks!
  7. tankist

Metra north central. My daily commute

I do this for over 3 years now. well, unless i was late and took the neighboring Milwaukee north line on that specific day that is , lol. the purpose of this photo session was to get some reference pictures for my self, but i think some will be interesting to see. for now all that left from...
  8. tankist

Brass BR55 hand made

russian forum, thread started today. this not mine, but i'm always impressed with skills of some people and wanted to share. the model still in the very beginning stages. pictures: http://forum.modelldepo.ru/showthread.php?t=7792
  9. tankist

My ES44AC Intermountain

the first one arrived yesterday. Rumor has it that the second one, which I ordered via Josh pre-order, is on its way as well. As far as the detail it is amazing. i never held brass locos, but i'm not sure if at this level there is much room for improvement. as far as running however it is...
  10. tankist

Intemountain ES44AC. the non sound DCC ready one

any one has one or knows what quick plug is used on it? (8 pin or 9 pin) i can't find this info anywhere. thanks!
  11. tankist

My JMRI Journey

In this thread i will be documenting my experience with model railroad computerized cotrol. to me this is probably thi funnest part in the hobby. at the moment JMRI suite is running on dedicated machine mounted under the layout. Main interface is 15" Touchscreen. Train control is...
  12. tankist

Computer generated sound

basically a software synthesizer/sequencer/sampler geared to ward our hobby. spent some time searching for this and didn't come up with anything solid, just bunch of software distribution sites that make it look as if they have the request but in essence lure you in to show you their ads...
  13. tankist

Issues at NCE

as i was trying to download manual for NCE USB module i noticed the attached. i understand things happen with all this technology stuff, but like this? and even in good days their website is quite messy. sure hope everything is well there and they not going under :confused: ps. Anyone can...
  14. tankist

Digitrax DS64 users, a question

i'm considering getting a pair of these and was looking for a bit of clarification n their manual from those who use it. page 7 Multiple turnout machines can be operated on a single DS64 output. For example, you can run 2 Tortoise or Switchmaster machines on a sin- gle DS64 output. this...
  15. tankist

Milwaukee Bandit MP15AC, why bandit?

anyone can answer as to why milwaukee bandit scheme is called a "Bandit"? and to keep this more interesting, some pictures - didn't want to clog the weekly thread with tons of pictures so i will do it in here. this was not a planned photo session but rather a quick and spontaneous one...
  16. tankist

Atlas 8-40C, removing the shell

read the official guide on atlas.com, all seems clear. removed the coupler but the darn shell just wont come off. they say the front might be difficult and say to "wiggle it carefully". in the BNSF 8-40CW it was also somewhat stuck - came off with blood freezing CLACK (but nthing broken), but...
  17. tankist

lower module trackplan - harsh criticue and advice welcome

having track planning software its nice and all but it still doesn't give the exact feeling of the outcome. so after several attempts with anyrail i decided to just get down there and doodle around with actual track. spent several hours and my mind is boiling - i think i officially hit the over...
  18. tankist

does Elmhurst (IL) club still has open door times on sundays?

is the info on the website correct? was thinking to stop by today... Trent?
  19. tankist

quick first impression on QSI sound in atlas gold dash8

so i got an engine with said system in a trade with member on this forum. (thanks again, buddy!). those who own these decoders will not read anything new here (and probbaly chuckle "oh yeah, he gets now") but here is my impression. while QSI is noticeably lighter on base then BLI sound equipped...
  20. tankist

NS bridge fire

found coupe of interesting pics. anyone heard anything about this mishap?

Back