Search results

1. Gary B

Power source for lighting

Not a lame question at all. I've adding more lighting and wondering how other people handle it myself. So far it's the cast off train set power pack method for me.
  2. Gary B

Model RR puzzle

It looks to me like it may have come from some kind of toy (non-electric) train set. Maybe a battery powered toy?
  3. Gary B

Where Are All The O-Scale 2-rail Steam Engines?

Hal, Don't you have enough cool toys? Ah the rewards of a life well lived and a retirement well played. All the neat rewards and a beautiful wife too. I salute you sir.
  4. Gary B

My Three Controllers

Well I dug out the ancient bronze metal covered MRC controller that I had replaced with newer model that failed. Very clearly printed on it is 'Circuit Breaker Protected'. Now why didn't they include a breaker on the newer model? Frankly, this old second controller works just as well.
  5. Gary B

My Three Controllers

I have an MRC Prodigy 2 DCC system which the display only half works on. I also have (had) a MRC Tech 2 Railmaster 2400 that I can (could) switch between. Just this past weekend I was running an old Athrean F unit when it derailed. I left the controls alone and tried to re-rail. then nothing. I...
  6. Gary B

Roller Coasters

Links to my build of the Comet Coaster and my write up for the Internet Modeler site http://www.internetmodeler.com/2007/march/first-looks/CD_Coaster.php http://www.internetmodeler.com/2007/october/features/coaster.php
  7. Gary B

Trains just stop running

Well thanks guys, diesel's recommendation was exactly what I did. Ended up I was right, it was a bad ground. Ran a jumper to another track section and all systems are go.
  8. Gary B

Trains just stop running

No one else, really. None of our resident experts are venturing a guess? Depending on which blocks I switch on and off, I get full voltage in some and very low power in others. I'm trying to figure out the pattern but no luck yet. I thinking maybe a grounding issue. Any ideas guys?
  9. Gary B

Squirrel Creek Railroad

Excellent work. Nevermind about the squirrels,better look out the ash tray blocking the tracks in your one photo.
  10. Gary B

Trains just stop running

Ken, I'm using a center off toggle, never remember what they're called. Nothing else is going on or affected when this happens.
  11. Gary B

Trains just stop running

Hello everyone. Anyone here who has read my occasional postings will know that I am more Modeler than Model Railroader. That said, I've never had a great running railroad. Given the extra time I now have due to current conditions, I thought it would be good to invest some of it in getting the...
  12. Gary B

Walthers Motor Hotel

Really looking great. Your set up would look right at home next to the highway scene I built over the last two years. That motel points out my problem with some of the newer offerings out there now. Their full scale dimensions just take up too much space. Plus they dwarf the older buildings. I...
  13. Gary B

Diorama using Linear Motion

Amazing work
  14. Gary B

1:87 Scale BIG BOY Loco Model

Well a year ago May I said above I wasn't sure when I would get around to my Big Boy but with the change of situation I tackled it. I sanded off the large side piping and replaced with piano wire. other than that, I didn't do a lot of detailing.
  15. Gary B

Does anyone remember this structure?

Yes, that would be the man. I didn't realize his name was mentioned in the arcticle On flickr someone posted the below this article; We just bought this house! It was built in Macon, GA in 1966, I believe. I'm doing some research on the architect, and would love any input!
  16. Gary B

Does anyone remember this structure?

Actually, I have seen the obituary of the architect of this house, sorry I don't remember his name. Seems he built thousands of houses and apartments on the east coast. Pretty famous guy. Definitely a little Wright influence. On my railroad as a kid, this was 'my house'.
  17. Gary B

Rusted old grain elevator in a rural scene with stock yard.

Nice work as usual Garry. Reminds me of a simple one I built when the layout started for my son. It was from a design in Toy Train magazine. I cut it from heavy card stock and covered it with a chrome looking crape paper and weathered it. thirty plus years later it still tucked away on the...
  18. Gary B

Chicago c1937

As a native Chicagoan I can vouge that most anything goes. The Chicago Belt Line would have hosted equipment from all these roads. I've seen an amazing array of equipment pass by in my life time. Even saw the Flying Scotsman when it toured the States back in the 70s. Go for it!
  19. Gary B

What Era do you Model?

I model the second half of the twentieth century, give or take 20 years.
  20. Gary B

Should I Return to HO?

I kind of liked the slot car track you posted before.

Back