Search results

1. Will_annand

favorite manufacturer?

Mix and Match Locos: In the roster is an Atlas 2-6-0 Mogul, Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0, and several Model Power 4-4-0 and 2-6-0 units. All very good runners. Freight: A mix of Roundhouse and Micro-Trains Some RSLaser kits freight, very nice kits. Passenger: Roundhouse and Athearn...
  2. Will_annand

n vs. ho

I would go N Scale, with only 8x8, in HO, your two towns would either be on top of each other or only represented by a station.
  3. Will_annand

Looking for a more detailed GORRE & DAPHETID RR Trackplan.

If you construct the layout in N scale with the exact sizing used, you could run anything on it. 14-16 radius is large for N.
  4. Will_annand

How old are YOU?

Good to see all you young folk in the hobby. I was born in 1954. Born in Huntsville, taken south to Toronto when I was 8 years old. Then returned to my hometown 8 years ago. The building that was the hospital in 1954 is now a seniors care centre. The standing joke up here is that I might...
  5. Will_annand

Unusual trend in sales.

I agree Greg, the two lines which we normally have in good stock, or can get quickly are the two Canadian lines we carry. Juneco Scale Models and Osborn Models are both Canadian. We also have plenty of RSLaser Kits product in stock as we are (I believe) the only dealer in the area that...
  6. Will_annand

n vs. ho

If you want more than just one circle, I would suggest N scale. More than one HO oval will cause you to have more track than scenery. I have a 3.5m x 3.5m room with benchwork around the wall at a 65cm depth. I can have continuous running and 7 station stops. If I was using HO I would...
  7. Will_annand

Unusual trend in sales.

Greg unfortunately the local supplier is out of stock and if I order directly it would take 2 weeks to get them to us. If the local supplier had it it would be 2 day delivery to our shop.
  8. Will_annand

Unusual trend in sales.

Right now our online inventory system is not working right, the one technical glitch our guys have not figured out yet. I will check on Monday as per the ETA of the Rix bugggies. Most items take 6-10 days to come in.
  9. Will_annand

Unusual trend in sales.

Greg, yes we do. Muskoka Computes and Hobbies www.muskokacomputes.com
  10. Will_annand

Unusual trend in sales.

True, free shipping worldwide does tend to put some people off.
  11. Will_annand

Unusual trend in sales.

I am part owner in Muskoka Computes and Hobbies, a small retail shop in Central Ontario. We also run an online model rail shop, www.muskokacomputes.com We have been looking at sales over the last year..... Sales at the shop have been steady. As for online: Sales from the USA have...
  12. Will_annand

Credit Valley Railway in N Scale 1880-1900

Thanks Dave. Have you checked out RSLaserKits? They do some great N Scale rolling stock kits. http://www.muskokacomputes.com/N-F-600.html great stuff.
  13. Will_annand

Credit Valley Railway in N Scale 1880-1900

Actually those are just red push pins, they are just there because they are fast to install. I pushed them in so we could test the track and not have cars rolling off the track. I am slowly replacing them with a pile of ties filled with ballast. I will update the photos when they are converted.
  14. Will_annand

Model Power 2-6-0 mogul

I too like the 4-4-0 and 2-6-0 N scale steamers. Nice runners, pull prototypically and easy to install a DCC decoder in the tender. Well done Model Power. I also agree, we need an N scale 4-6-0 Ten Wheeler.
  15. Will_annand

Let's see your first layout

My first one was back in 1969-1973, have photos on my Credit Valley website. http://www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Layout-04.html
  16. Will_annand

Juneco CNR Caboose project

You could try contacting Brenda at Inter-Hobbies http://interhobbiesdistributors.com/
  17. Will_annand

Juneco CNR Caboose project

Nice work on that Caboose Glen. Juneco is alive and well and we carry the line in our shop. www.muskokacomputes.com
  18. Will_annand

New Layout the MC&H Central

An interesting side note. It has only been a week since Paul left, and several people have come in to see the layout. Almost all the modelers who have come in have made a comment about the track. Most say something like "Oh, he used Code55 track, it looks so much better than Code80"...
  19. Will_annand

Lets talk steamies

N Scale 1900 layout so all are steam. :D Bachmann 4-4-0 five in fleet, not DCC yet, so sit on turntable (or go to our store and run on the window display unit. Atlas 2-6-0 not DCC yet, so sit on turntable (or go to our store and run on the window display unit. Model Power 4-4-0 three...
  20. Will_annand

What should I do with this room?

With that space you could make an awesome N Scale empire. Lots of room for a good scenery to track ratio, to avoid the spaghetti railroad look. Also long enough runs for some real prototype length trains. DCC is the only way to go, far easier on the wiring. I like the MRC controllers...

Back