Search results

1. A

Woodland Scenics

I use a lot of WS materials. They are all wonderful and expensive. Their modulars are great but expensive. Everything about WS is good and expensive. When I can get what I want someplace else I do, but a lot of the stuff is easier to pay for than to find elsewhere.
  2. A

plywood for L-girder?

The only thing to be careful bout is the screws, you cannot use normal wood screws, you need thinner screws like dry wall. Some of the newer ones are self tapping and they reduce splitting even more.
  3. A

20 years later...

Welcome back. There are a lot of us. With track I am a Flex track man, because what I like is scenery and ruunning trains. I tried handlaying years ago, and what I learned was I didn't like it, it took too long, and mine did not run well. When you get to trees and mountains I will be more...
  4. A

Those were the days, except my engines didn't run worth a darn, and my silicon rectifier was not depedible. My first car cost$100.00 which is about all I would pay for it today. One of my engines did have sound, kind of a grinding sound.
  5. Coal Drag

Coal Drag

Thisa is an early general view
  6. Kimms Kanyon 2

Kimms Kanyon 2

7. Kimm's Kanyon Bridge 1

Kimm's Kanyon Bridge 1

8. A

Comment by 'ARTHILL' in media 'Night shift at Bronson Steel Works'

How did you do those city lights???
  9. Bedtime at the logging camp

Bedtime at the logging camp

The full moon always makes the tall pines taller.
  10. A

A few before and after shots

Aggro, I have learned to make your trees a little. I despair at trying your boxcars. You are an inspiration. Thanks
  11. A

Has anyone heard from dthurman???

Welcome back.
  12. A

Feed Mill Scene

Nice model, great photo. What do you plan for weathering? The track detail is very nice.
  13. A

Another Newbie

Welcome. I was totally out of railroading for good last year this time. Now look at me. Join us soon with the hardware, Until then, we all dream together.
  14. A

Photo Contest Topic Ideas?

Now that I posted a picture in the November contest, what happens? Are there votes or something? Also, how do I post a new subject? I still have not quite figured this site out.
  15. A

New Arrow Creek & Western

On the road again. You now know how James J. Hill felt when he got refinanced and back to building. Looks good.
  16. A

Model Railroader Magazine circa 1951....

I have been going through the old ones too. Time machine is the word. I found a few doubles from the 40's and I think they will be my conmtribution to the club's white elephant sale. I loved watching John Allen prgress from a photographer with a small diorama to the premire MRRer of the era. I...
  17. A

Happy Thanksgiving!

A new blessing to go with all the old, the train is now in the room where the family gathers for dinner. Both joys at the same time. My wife wants to put the butter on a flat car. Continued blessings for you all. Art
  18. A

November 2005 Photo Contest Comments

I tried this, first time. I had two shots. I assume I only enter one. Art
  19. Green Mountain Tunnel

Green Mountain Tunnel

Sierra #12 leaves south portal Green Mountain Tunnel past the half working work crew
  20. A

The WPRR is back up and running again.

Congrats. Its always good to make progress.

Back