Search results

1. L

Weathered Rolling Stock

Great job, Josh. I really like what you've done. Two quick questions: (1) What are the specifics (brand?) of your "cheap gray primer? (2) Did you apply the Bragdon Powders with a brush, foam applicator or a cloth? Loco-Motive in Oregon
  2. L

MRC Decoders - Good or Bad?

I'm planning to buy a couple of Athearn Genesis SD60M's, DCC w/ sound but I've had several people warn me about the MRC decoders ... very limited ability to program and very poor quality control. Any thoughts? Also, anyone have experience with replacement decoders, either SoundTraxx Tsunami...
  3. L

Question re Consists

Feedback & insights appreciated. I guess I'll find out pretty quickly about a consist where both locos have sound because I'm running one Atlas Dash 8 (BNSF 829 - new release) and I have a second Atlas Dash 8 with sound on the way. I'm looking at the new Athearn Genesis SD60M and I'm expecting...
  4. L

Question re Consists

In a two loco consist, for example 2 Athearn Genesis SD60M's, running in DCC, do both need to have sound or would it work if one has sound and the second unit is powered but w/o sound?

Back