Search results

1. DT&J

I hated to do it

User error. No instructions came with it, I put the holder in upside down. :o
  2. DT&J

how did you pick a rail line

Started out buying ICG then put everything away for 17 years. Now I'm modeling the same St Louis to KC route but with a freelanced railroad. Chicago & Alton built the line and I grew up watching the ICG roll through. KCS operates the line currently but I caught a CSX train on the line a year ago.
  3. DT&J

Admiration for your talents

I'm amazed at the quality of workmanship I see in these threads and hope that I end up half as good as what I see here. I have also learned alot in the last couple years just lurking
  4. DT&J

I hated to do it

I think I need a Kadee #39 to make this right but the "she who must be obeyed" said I cant get them until after Christmas. I did have the couplers wired together, drawbar didnt work out, so a lego died just so I could run the SD40 Here it is all together The SD is by GSB Rail...
  5. DT&J

WPH 11/18 to 11/25

I feel a little intimidated posting where the masters post. Hit a small train show yesterday and picked up a few goodies (spent nearly every dollar I had saved for it :D). The SD 40-2 is by GSB Rail Limited, didnt see many good comments about the brand anywhere on the web, but it runs good. And...
  6. DT&J

Need help?

I bought a used GP-38 at a train show that did the same thing, I messed with it for a bit then picked one end up and it took off.I guess someone rewired it wrong. I cut a wire just for grins and it has worked perfectly since. Dont know if it will help but worth a shot.
  7. DT&J

Ned's Rib Shack

That is awesome!! Might do something like that on mine
  8. DT&J

atlas turnout mod

Sorry,my description is bad.If the pic shows up, yellow is direction of travel, red indicates the "guide rails" I mentioned, you can see where the stock rail is notched for the point to lay in. When the 2-8-0 hits the notch it derails. My son's Thomas, Annie and Clarabell, and the rest of my...
  9. DT&J

atlas turnout mod

The main rail is "notched" to about 1/2 the width of the rail a little so the points sit flush and creates a wide spot. I guess I should mention that the extra pieces were set to the inside of the points to slide with them. And yes, you made perfect sense mike8693
  10. DT&J

atlas turnout mod

The main rail is "notched" to about 1/2 the width of the rail a little so the points sit flush and creates a wide spot. I guess I should mention that the extra pieces were set to the inside of the points. And yes, you made perfect sense mike8693
  11. DT&J

atlas turnout mod

I have a Bachman 2-8-0 that mostly derails on the Atlas turnouts. My bright idea was to solder a short section of track to the points which worked for a few passes before working loose. The process was long, slow, and melted plastic. Anyone have anybetter ideas to connect short section to the...
  12. DT&J

railroad "game"

Exactly. I noticed the old roadbed in Clinton, MO and my curiosity got the best of me. Yer up!
  13. DT&J

railroad "game"

I couldn't believe it either. The real name of the "Leaky Roof Railroad" is...?
  14. DT&J

railroad "game"

Trenton, New Jersey

Back