Search results

1. LarryT

Under Construction - Birmingham UK

I always love to see layouts from the UK, thanks for posting!
  2. LarryT

starting 5x6 or 4x8 layout

I have never had plywood cut at the store, but that is an excellent idea. I'm sure their saws would be able to cut down even a 3/4 inch sheet of plywood perfectly and easily.
  3. LarryT

starting 5x6 or 4x8 layout

Probably just stating the obvious here, but a 4' by 8' layout has a big advantage in that sheets of plywood are readily available in that size. Really nice to just buy one piece and work with it as is. A sheet of plywood isn't super easy to cut (especially straight) unless you are an...
  4. LarryT

short vid

Looks good for me, nice short video. Running Chrome as the browser on XP.
  5. LarryT

British narrow gauge in 009 - County Gate

That truly is absolutely phenomenal! Just beautiful, and superb photos as well. How big is the layout?
  6. LarryT

Video of my NYC Niagara

Beautiful video. I also like the gates and the way they start off the action. Nice titles too. I wonder why this doesn't have more views.
  7. LarryT

What is your age?

46 - so I guess I'm right in the middle here!
  8. LarryT

Taking a beating on EBAY lately

Yah, if the seller has multiple items and is using the second chance option for that I'd be leery. They should really be doing a dutch auction in that case - although they might not realize that.
  9. LarryT

Yes, I'd only consider a second chance offer if it came directly through the eBay system. And, I would have only bid in the first place if the seller had many transactions with a positive rating.
  10. LarryT

I believe a second chance bid is when the winner of an auction backs out, or is otherwise disqualified, and so the person holding the auction offers the item to the next highest bidder at the price they had bid. It's a pretty good option for the person holding the auction, because it is far...
  11. LarryT

I've been buying and selling on eBay for about 10 years now, with only occasional problems. I do have a 100% positive sellers rating with about 500 feedbacks. I will say that model railroaders are THE BEST people to work with on eBay. I've only had good experiences buying or selling trains...
  12. LarryT

Polar Express in HO scale

That looks really nice. I don't know why I've never had any HO trains. Almost everything else, but no HO. Funny.
  13. LarryT

Is this what the railroad means when they say...

Ouch! Watch that first step, it's a doozy.
  14. LarryT

Show Your Face

Not bad for a photo I took myself... (You can kind of see that I'm holding my right arm out as far as I can.)
  15. LarryT

LGB Track Question

Thanks Aytrain! I have so little LGB track at this point (sold most of it before we moved out west), that it might just make sense to completely switch to another brand.
  16. LarryT

LGB Track Question

I haven't done much at all with my LGB train for the past 7 years, but now I live on the sunny west coast and I'm thinking of getting into it again - perhaps even with an outdoor layout. Are there other track brands that are as good or almost as good as LGB? I always used LGB exclusively in...
  17. LarryT

Model RR Music Video

Wow! I didn't think model railroading and heavy metal went together, but it really works! :eek:

Back