Search results

1. E

NS Loco Pics Needed

Hey guys. I need to get pictures of NS 5600-series GP38-2s. I'm looking for them on my own, but any pictures you guys might have would be of great help.
  2. E

Quarry Equipment

Hey guys. Do any of you know where I might be able to find the equipment that is specialized for quarry work with explosives: things like the large vertical drills, any special trucks or loaders, and other construction equipment in HO scale (1:87.1)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  3. E

The Achierton (Ack-her-ton) Southern: in-a-nutshell

I promised quite some time ago that I would put this up and never did, so here is my in-a-nutshell thread for my HO scale Achierton Southern Name: Achierton Southern Scale: HO Era: Modern Type: Shortline Minimum Radius: 15" (Industrial and Sidings); 18" (Mainline) Minimum Turnout: #4...
  4. E

Display Case Set: Spirit Train from Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Kitbash and SB

Hey guys. I was going through all of my spare parts today and I found my 0-4-0 steamer from Model Power. I decided to use it (and all of the other parts I found in conjunction with some christmas gifts) to kitbash the locomotive from the new game: The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks. I am...
  5. E

Questions about CSX and prototypes in general

CSX Road Slug and UP2CSX, you guys should be able to help me out on this. Does CSX ever carry 3-bay open-top hoppers? If not I can just look at Norfolk Southern, but I'd like to get some CSX going too. I was also wondering what a "road slug" is because I see it all the time. Thanks for your...
  6. E

Building the Achierton[Ack-her-ton] Southern

Hello everyone. I haven't been on for a while so I'm here to give an update on just about everything that involves trains and me:eek::cool::eek::cool:. I know shocking. Update #1: Updating equipment I have been working on attempting to get roller-bearing trucks on all of my current...
  7. E

Exohead's research development thread

Here is where I will place all of my military or coal mine layout information that I find. I have plenty to start with now, So I will be getting started with basic foundations in a couple of weeks. All of my train stuff is elsewhere. I will be doing research starting tomorrow morning, and I will...
  8. E

Coal mine Railroad (in progress)

Hello to all. I have decided that for my first true layout, I would do a coal open-pit coal mine and port city. The coal mine would supply coal to the ships in the harbor. As this is a fictional section of th B&O during it's later years, it will be pulling around mail, tools and equipment for...

Back