Search results

1. E

NS Loco Pics Needed

Hey guys. I need to get pictures of NS 5600-series GP38-2s. I'm looking for them on my own, but any pictures you guys might have would be of great help.
  2. E

Quarry Equipment

Thanks a bunch. I'll talk to my parents about buying it for me, and then I can just pay them back for it. Although I can't help but wonder, what sort of an era would that belong to? It doesn't look overly recent. Although, to tell the truth, I haven't been close enough to one to actually see it...
  3. E

Quarry Equipment

Hey guys. Do any of you know where I might be able to find the equipment that is specialized for quarry work with explosives: things like the large vertical drills, any special trucks or loaders, and other construction equipment in HO scale (1:87.1)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  4. E

The Achierton (Ack-her-ton) Southern: in-a-nutshell

I promised quite some time ago that I would put this up and never did, so here is my in-a-nutshell thread for my HO scale Achierton Southern Name: Achierton Southern Scale: HO Era: Modern Type: Shortline Minimum Radius: 15" (Industrial and Sidings); 18" (Mainline) Minimum Turnout: #4...
  5. E

Building the Achierton[Ack-her-ton] Southern

Alright. Well, here's an update: 1: I have started construction on my quarry industry, the actual quarry itself is already roughed out, and I have started working on getting the powder magazine and cap magazine built. The quarry office building is already built and is ready to be applied as...
  6. E

custom turntable need help

We have one of each down at the local train club. In HO, the Triplex was just slightly longer, maybe about 1 scale foot.
  7. E

Look no further: MTH Trains 2-8-8-8-2 Triplex -- Virginian Kinda pricey though...
  8. E

How big of a turntable would be needed for a 2-8-8-8-2 Triplex? Those things were HUGE!!!
  9. E

I layed down my track this weekend. It's a completely different track plan now, and I never wrote it down. I used Camper Seal tape from Lowe's for my roadbed. I bought a 30' roll of it for $7. 3/16" thick, just right!
  10. E

Display Case Set: Spirit Train from Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Kitbash and SB

I am planning on doing it straight from the game, or at least as close to it as I can. From the looks of it, I may actually have to scratchbuild the entire loco because of the design from the game and my existing 0-4-0. It won't be an operating model so I'm not worrying a whole lot about how it...
  11. E

Display Case Set: Spirit Train from Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Kitbash and SB

Hey guys. I was going through all of my spare parts today and I found my 0-4-0 steamer from Model Power. I decided to use it (and all of the other parts I found in conjunction with some christmas gifts) to kitbash the locomotive from the new game: The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks. I am...
  12. E

Bet that wasn't too good for busines ;)
  13. E

B&O ran into Pennsylvania and there was some in New York. The farthest in to New York that I think they got was right up to the Staten Island transfer, but if they went farther it doesn't surprise me. I have to say that the coolest railroad of all time was the White Pass & Yukon RR in Alaska.
  14. E

Door no.1, Door no.2, or Door no.3..?

Joking Response: Well Ken, if you you don't know what to use it for, there is always door #4: Give it to somebody else. Serious Response: As I have absolutely no idea what your modelling, I don't know what to say regarding structures. I understand a want for reliable trackwork, I'm sure all...
  15. E

Questions about CSX and prototypes in general

CSX Road Slug and UP2CSX, you guys should be able to help me out on this. Does CSX ever carry 3-bay open-top hoppers? If not I can just look at Norfolk Southern, but I'd like to get some CSX going too. I was also wondering what a "road slug" is because I see it all the time. Thanks for your...
  16. E

So true. Yeah. School had a two-hour delay and I posted that and then got busy trying to type something else that I completely forgot to do it. I'll put it up at some point. I'll get to it when I get to it! Lol. Okay. Done talking to read myself talking. lol.
  17. E

Nothing new on the layout yet. Just finished my track plan. It's not much, but I gave myself some wiring challenges I'm sure. I sorta intended too, but I sort not-intended too. I have to of the 30-degree crossings on the layout, and both are connected to eachother. I plan to use DCC on it...
  18. E

Coal mine Railroad (in progress)

I hereby pronounce this thread to be.... Reopened! After recently moving all of my equipment to a much larger space, My love of coal-hauling has been rekindeled. I still don't have space for an open mine, but the above-ground structures of a coal mine or running the tracks down into the mine...
  19. E

That's interesting. I didn't know that the AT when through Jersey. Thats pretty cool
  20. E

I would just say, as I've been on it before, that the Appalachian Trail is pretty easy going. Don't go scimpy on the rocks, just don't go crazy on it. If you want some comedy in your layout, do what I did when I hiked it, and put some rocks in and then put a guy that laying face down on the...

Back