Search results

1. kgstakes

Still kicking

Hey everyone!! Still kicking but the move to our new house is kicking my butt. Lots of things to do before I get to model building again or just running trains but I’m getting there. Enjoy all your posts, my take a few months to get up and running again just need to get the house and shop...
  2. kgstakes

2-4-4-2 Steam Loco

2-4-4-2 Pulling into Barnesville Junction. This is from my second layout and the locomotive was my fist one I have DCC and sound installed in it. The decoder is a MRC decoder. It's ok but wish I had the person install it put a different decoder in it. If I'm suppose to put videos of my...
  3. kgstakes

Structure build

This is not a how to but rather a different way to cut out structures for your layout. Use a Critcut machine.
  4. kgstakes

KG & B Railway at night

Want to share two videos of my layout First time trying this so bare with me if the loading don't work
  5. kgstakes

upload video?

Is there a way to upload videos on model railroad forums? Can't seem to make it work.
  6. kgstakes

Trains.com

I have a question for all of you. I've been a subscriber to MR for many years and but decided to unsubscribe since I wasn't really getting much from it in the way I use to years back. Internet has alot to do with that. But I was a member of MRVP and loved it. Then they decided to go with...
  7. kgstakes

Ultimation slicer and sander

Just curious how many of you use these tools? I "received" one for Christmas and I like them. Haven't really done much with them but what I have used them for, they are really nice solidly built tools. Pricey, but worth every penny.
  8. kgstakes

My Railroad Story

One of you asked about my story I made up of my railroad and how it came to be. I'm not really sure where I'm suppose to post this but since it's not really railroad but kinda is so here we go...
  9. kgstakes

Steam or Diesel Locomotives?

I'm new to this forum and was just wondering how many use only steam locomotives and how many use only diesel locomotives? I personally have mostly steam (that's what I started with) and then with my latest switching layout I switched to a diesel switcher. I started to build the switching...
  10. kgstakes

Introduction

Hi everyone, Just found this forum and little background on me. I've been a model railroader for over 40 years, I've built two layouts in those years and my latest one is a small switching layout that I have built a shadow box for so I can do different lighting and for photography. Here are...

Back