Search results

1. Mogul2-6-0

My first attempt at a Diorama started, HO

Motives: Fun, pics, learning, not ready for full layout yet, practice. First round of supplies and tools: Basics: Started sculpting, looking for better foam: More to come... I hope Thanks in advance to everyone. Great inspirations and excellent advice so far. The old Tyco and Atlas stuff...
  2. Mogul2-6-0

Owens Foamular 150 v. DOW Wallmate v. white R-Tech Faom

Extruded Polystyrene Foam: Owens Foamular 150 v. DOW Wallmate v. white R-Tech So I'm foaming at the mouth. (another foam thread) been searching, it can be confusing. Got some of the white foam at Home Depot. Its the only thing I can find so far. Seems usable for my practice diorama, but...
  3. Mogul2-6-0

Help Bachmann GP-40 dummy decoupling!, improvments?, weight?, couplers? UP

Hello All, I just got 2 sets of HO scale Bachmann UP GP-40 loco dummy caboose sets. (New old stock) $29.99 and $34.99 I love them!!!, running them under the xmas tree. Not super nice, but plastic hand rails are kid friendly. However if I run the 2 powered units and one dummy "consist" the two...
  4. Mogul2-6-0

How to power a 22" radius EZ track? newb rookie? Xmas

Hello. How can I power a simple 22" (circle) loop of NS EZ track around my xmas tree if they dont make a 22" curved terminal track? Should I solder some wire to the rail connector(s)? Thought about using a turnout track but they are all 18" radius? Can I buy a number 5 turnout, can they do a 22"...
  5. Mogul2-6-0

Some pics from my trip to local Pacific Southwest Railway Museum

Thought Id share some pics from my trip over to this museum yesterday. Some amazing stuff there. I'll edit/post more info on them later. She was running a few years ago they need a new furnace and probably boiler if any one has as an extra $500K laying around LOL They were grinding on her...
  6. Mogul2-6-0

Trinity Coal Hoppers, sugested locos? caboose? recycled Noob

Hello All, Newly returning old model railroader Thought Id ask for suggestions this time before I buy another one of these expensive trains. LOL I'm not locked into any specific era, location, industry, time of year, etc yet. But: San Diego and Arizona Ry, 1920's era scenic, Santa Fe...
  7. Mogul2-6-0

Some Noob questions?

Hello, I just joined, and just started running HO trains again. Some noob questions I'm still researching. Let me know if I'm posting in the wrong location. (still exploring this forum) I will also continue to search other posts. 1. Can I run my Bachman Spectrum Coaches (Pullman,OBS...

Back