Search results

1. RhB Michael

One A Day

647 departing Langwies for Litzirüti.
  2. RhB Michael

Dishonest Item Description on Ebay?

The discounts they offer is a pittance. I laugh at saving $5 on a $400 item.
  3. RhB Michael

Dishonest Item Description on Ebay?

I steer clear of sellers on eBay that sell hundreds of different unrelated items. If they are train guys, you'll know it from their other listings. Same with camera gear, shooting supplies or any other hobby or interest. Someone who will sell anything probably knows very little to nothing about...
  4. RhB Michael

One A Day

Taken with new Nikon 18-140mm lens. First shot at 24mm, ISO 3200, f22, .30 sec.
  5. RhB Michael

Asphalt Roadway Paint

1500 may be too fine to simulate asphalt. You want it to have a bit (a little bit) of texture to add a bit of depth. I've never tried it, but I know very well from automotive use what it looks like. It might work for you though.
  6. RhB Michael

Asphalt Roadway Paint

A proven product for me is 400-600 grit wet/dry automotive sandpaper. To weather it, just rub your fingers on it and you have instant blacktop road or parking lot.
  7. RhB Michael

What Others Think You Should Model

Wing IV. 351st OMMS EMTer. 1981-1989. We tried to keep them in business too, but I went to more LFs that LCCs. OSCAR-01 was everyone's favorite though. We kept busy with the Russians trying to play satelllite wack-a-mole with our ERCS birds in the 510th. Always a fun time at Whiteman.
  8. RhB Michael

RED Plastic Gears

Teutonic nylon is strong stuff.
  9. RhB Michael

Problem with Rivarossi wheel sets

I had the same trouble with some older Fleischmann wagons. I used the wheel sets from a pair of unused ÖBB wagons. Works fine now. Those must be at least as old as the ones I have. Though they have NEM coupler pockets they were still running on the tall flange wheels for code 100 track.
  10. RhB Michael

What are you buying this Month?

In this month of my birthday, I have several locomotives on my wish lists at my two Deutscheland dealers. I've already refused a pre-order on a limited edition Vectron, but it is freely available at the other dealer. I may have finally secured a working motor drive for my Canon A-1 film camera...
  11. RhB Michael

What Others Think You Should Model

I'd sure like to know about that hidden ESU data. Tell him I had a TS decades ago while working on Minuteman II. Tell him it should still be good for a few secrets... Hahahahaha!
  12. RhB Michael

Welcome aboard Phil.
  13. RhB Michael

Returning to model railroads after 40+ year hiatus

NCE Powercab is a good basic starter set for DCC. I used it flawlessly for five years before my layout and trains outgrew it. Since my railroad is European and all of my equipment is too, I moved up to ESU Cab Control with more available power and features.
  14. RhB Michael

One A Day

The above shot was taken with a brand new Nikon Zfc many months ago and I hadn't quite found the right settings yet for controlling depth of field. I wasn't really happy with the tight focus spot of this shot, and in fact, not much in this photo is in perfect focus, including the focus point...
  15. RhB Michael

One A Day

Ge 4/4 III stopping at Litzirüti.
  16. RhB Michael

One A Day

Erfurter Bahn Service Br.232 hauling freight
  17. RhB Michael

Grande Man! Can you take us down memory lane?

I built the Atlas Great Eastern Trunk in 1983. It was my last Atlas railroad, and the last railroad I built until 2018. There wasn't a lot of room for a large layout in military assigned housing back then, so I settled on a 4x8 roundy-round. At the time, it was pretty satisfying and it ran well...
  18. RhB Michael

What If,...Designing a New Steam Locomotive Product??

That railroad was built by a fellow member at the Railways of Germany website. English based if you want to check it out. I can't remember which member owns it though.
  19. RhB Michael

Grande Man! Can you take us down memory lane?

And photography!
  20. RhB Michael

One A Day

Br.03 88-2 chugging towards Ulm from Freidrichschafen.

Back