Search results

1. P

Custom Build Engine

Hello, I am slowly trying to learn some things about modeling. One of my plans is to build a layout of Utah railroads in 1925 and 2025. As I am still in school, I want to start learning how to do some custom modeling. I want to scratchbuild a locomotive that was built by the Emigration...
  2. P

Modular Layout Assembly

I am building a modular layout to demonstrate some of my automation projects. I built 4 2'x4' modules and tries drilling consistent holes on the sides so I can connect them any way. This was a complete failure. I drilled one side panel and used it as a guide. This did not produce the desired...
  3. P

Track Alignment and Right of Way

I am in the planning stages of a layout in Salt Lake City, UT. I have been looking at google maps and maps of stations on UTA's website to get track alignment and right of way information. Googles maps and a couple years old, so they are missing some newly added structures and things. What is a...
  4. P

City-scape

I live in Utah and I was so excited when we started to get trains here. We now have LR transit and commuter rail. I would like to start a layout of my city. I have done a lot of thinking and looking into how to build custom models of the buildings in the city. The problem I am running into is...
  5. P

City-scape

I live in Utah and I was so excited when we started to get trains here. We now have LR transit and commuter rail. I would like to start a layout of my city. I have done a lot of thinking and looking into how to build custom models of the buildings in the city. The problem I am running into is...
  6. P

Siemens SD70/SD100 LRV

I have been looking high a low for a manufacturer that makes Siemens LRV models. The new SD70 or SD100 are what I am looking for. I want to eventually build a model of Salt Lake City. Any suggestions on where to look?

Back