Search results

1. TaeOH

Model Railcast Show

Do you listen to it? I think it is great and look forward to the show every week. But I realized tonight that I have never seen a thread about it on this forum since I started coming regularly in January. This is what I am talking about if you don't know... http://modelrailcast.com/
  2. TaeOH

How do I troubleshoot a new Kato?

Just picked up a Kato EMD SD40-2 and it ran fine for about 20 minutes, then just stopped. The lights are still working in forward and backward, but the engine no longer moves. My track is a simple oval of Kato Unitrack with a Kato powerpack...so DC.
  3. TaeOH

The Great Train Expo

It is in Columbus this week. I will be going on Saturday, is it a good show?
  4. TaeOH

Uncoupling in N

How does it work? I have noticed that none of the operations videos I have watched in N scale ever show the uncoupling, usually the video is spliced at that point. Are the magnets not very useful in N? Do you just do it by hand?
  5. TaeOH

Magazines

I would like to subscribe to a few Train Modeling magazines and I am looking for recommendations if you subscribe to any. Model Railroader seems like an obvious choice, but I wanted to know what this forum thought.
  6. TaeOH

So where do you start?

The more I learn, the more questions I seem to have. The biggest one seemed to be, what kind of layout do I do. But I think the Locomotive should be picked first, then everything else comes from it. At least that is how I am thinking now. How do you decide on what to do? It seems that...
  7. TaeOH

Where do you purchase mostly?

Internet? Local Hobby Shops? Mix of both? I am finding selection and pricing locally quite varied. I prefer Brick and Morter shops, but have found some pricing to be a little high compared to the internet, I mean I expect it to be higher, but not ridiculously higher (+30% and more).

Back