Search results

1. TaeOH

Christmas Photo Fun!

Great photos!
  2. TaeOH

airbrush

I came across this video last night...the end has a clinic on airbrushing. http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/MRHT_BIGE2010 You probably could find some video's on Youtube if you searched.
  3. TaeOH

N scale vehicles

I agree, really nice models.
  4. TaeOH

N scale starter set?

The Bachmann sets in N are not worth the money even as cheap as they are IMO. EZ track turnouts are terrible and the engines they make in N are not very good unless they are Spectrum. I started with one and all but the cars are a loss. I literally almost gave up on N scale because of the...
  5. TaeOH

N scale starter set?

Do you think you can circle the spots you modified? Someone on the trainboard mentioned this, I just have not gotten around to trying it. I am building benchwork right now.
  6. TaeOH

N scale starter set?

That is the current starter set I would recommend. Kato starter sets are well worth the money. I can't remember which switching siding that is, but hopefully it is the one with the #6 turnouts. The #4 turnouts are the only Kato track product anyone ever complains about. I have #6's and...
  7. TaeOH

What State do you live in?

I put my state in my name for some reason. Ohio.
  8. TaeOH

Bachmann, NCE, Digitrax

I would go with NCE because of the throttle. I have a Zephyr and now need to add another throttle if I want to control more the one train at a time. The reason the the Zephyr throttles is fixed, so if you set a train going to a slow speed then switch to another engine it will jump to that...
  9. TaeOH

Newbie needs a Xmas train with a future

Well I definitely encourage you to start somewhere. If I had the space, I would probably do O or S for everything, but I don't so that is why I am in N scale for my hobby modeling. I have a feeling though that I may eventually move up to HO because of my eyesight and fat fingers, I have only...
  10. TaeOH

Switching from HO Scale to N Scale

Kato Unitrack is fantastic and would work for what you want to do. The EZ Command works fine, but I would not worry about DCC at the moment and just get a Kato starter set that has a DC power pack in it. Later on you can add some decoders to an engine or two and pull out the Bachmann. If...
  11. TaeOH

N Scale ballast question...

I would try to test different sizes. I know some do not use the fine because even though it is closer to scale, it generally does not look as good because the texture is hard to see.
  12. TaeOH

Magic Kingdom

I find it interesting there is a sky ride in the background, I figured they were all gone.
  13. TaeOH

Magic Kingdom

Edit...never mind, I was wrong.
  14. TaeOH

Model Railroaders Dream, Plan, Build DVD Series

While I like Joe's writing, his appearances on the Model Railcast show have been a bit ... um ... dry. But if the content is good as far as teaching the technical skills in modeling, that is mostly what I am interested in. I am wavering on the DPB series though, even at $24 a pop, because I...
  15. TaeOH

Model Railroaders Dream, Plan, Build DVD Series

I just got the first one in the mail and was just looking online to find the "regular price". I hate marketing schemes like that and knew immediately when I could not find the "regular price" any where in the offer, that the price was going to be too high. I liked what I saw, especially...
  16. TaeOH

Building a Module; Photo Diorama

I enjoyed this thread, very nice work.
  17. TaeOH

Coffee Shop 15

Well Obama's 62 cent tax increase on cigarettes goes into effect today, so it was as good a day as any to quit smoking. I feel pretty good about it too. Going cold turkey is not a big deal, just have to find a model to work on now for when I start missing the smokes when I am bored. Can't...
  18. TaeOH

Coffee Shop 15

I have a serious case of the Monday's. Weather is nice here in central Ohio...just little chillier than normal but the sun is out.
  19. TaeOH

Coffee Shop 15

I just paid $6.17 for a pack. April 1st I believe is when Obama's 60 cent tax gets added in. Now I just overpaid at Kroger, but that is because I refuse to buy another carton and keep saying this is my last pack. I think the average price around here is $5.20. It really sucks to be addicted.
  20. TaeOH

Coffee Shop 15

Karl and Jim, if you are serious about quitting, I highly recommend this book. http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Way-Stop-Smoking-Non-Smokers/dp/1402718616 While my success is still not certain since I seem to fall into the "just one more" trap, I used to drive myself (and my wife) nuts in pass...

Back