Search results

1. Con-Cor SP 60' Plug-Door Express Car Left-side

Con-Cor SP 60' Plug-Door Express Car Left-side

I don't know if this is prototypical, but it turned out really nice so I'm adding it to my Tioga Mail consist for the SSMRRC's spring open house next month.
  2. Con-Cor SP 60' Plug-Door Express Car Right-side

Con-Cor SP 60' Plug-Door Express Car Right-side

I'm getting the hang of basic weathering thing now with the airbrush washes and dry pigments. It takes a little time but once you get the hang of it, things really start to pop in the paint-booth.
  3. GN 85' Single-Window Heavyweight Coach #1001 Right-Side

GN 85' Single-Window Heavyweight Coach #1001 Right-Side

Stock Atlas 85' HW single-window coach repainted Tru-Color Pullman Green and decorated with MicroScale decals. Fabricated the End-of-Train markers out of some 1/8" dia. disc punched out from transparency film. End gate detail is from KV Models and the marker lamps are CalScale.
  4. GN 85' Single-Window Heavyweight Coach #1001 Left-Side

GN 85' Single-Window Heavyweight Coach #1001 Left-Side

I generated the vectored graphics for the lavatory windows on CorelDraw then printed them onto white decal paper. Passengers are Bachmann seated passengers and the window blinds are simple, stock copy paper glued into place.
  5. Pizzalayout

Comment by 'Pizzalayout' in media 'IMG_3998.jpeg'

Excellent work!
  6. Pizzalayout

Comment by 'Pizzalayout' in media 'IMG_2863.JPG'

Looking forward to when Walthers will release this model in the Silver Sunset scheme next spring.
  7. Pizzalayout

Comment by 'Pizzalayout' in media 'IMG_4717.jpg'

Another fine model. Thanks for sharing.
  8. Pizzalayout

Comment by 'Pizzalayout' in media 'IMG_4709.jpg'

I like the window blind details. Very effective!
  9. Pizzalayout

Comment by 'Pizzalayout' in media 'IMG_4710.jpg'

Awesome model!
  10. Pizzalayout

Comment by 'Pizzalayout' in media 'IMG_8574.jpeg'

Excellent effect my friend!
  11. Pizzalayout

Comment by 'Pizzalayout' in media 'SOHO RPO Baggage.jpg'

Excellent work! You have the gift my friend.
  12. Pizzalayout

Comment by 'Pizzalayout' in media '77-D-7 Diner.jpg'

That is incredible! Thanks for sharing.
  13. GN 79' 2nd Class Coach #752 Left Side

GN 79' 2nd Class Coach #752 Left Side

Left side of #752. The used some vectored-graphics generated on CorelDraw then printed onto white decal film for lavatory windows. Light weathering to show use, not abuse here. I swapped out the stock trucks with Walthers Pullman 4-wheel style.
  14. GN 79' 2nd Class Coach #752 Right Side

GN 79' 2nd Class Coach #752 Right Side

You can make out the electrical conduit detail on the roof. Again, I used CorelDraw to create drilling jigs for hole placement. Very handy and they can be used over and over again if saved. Blinds were fabricated from white printer paper stock and the window glazing is transparency film.
  15. GN 79' 2nd Class Coach Unweather

GN 79' 2nd Class Coach Unweather

This started out as a Bethlehem Car Works HW coach model that was stripped and then repainted with TruColor Pullman Green. Decals are a mix from MicroScale sets. Pikestuff passenger seats with Walthers figures were secured with scenery white glue.
  16. Pizzalayout

Comment by 'Pizzalayout' in media 'Three quarter dome side.JPG'

I'm waiting on the arrival of the Rapido version for my consist. Excellent effort my friend.
  17. Pizzalayout

Comment by 'Pizzalayout' in media 'SJD RPO-Bag.JPG'

Again, excellent work!
  18. Pizzalayout

Comment by 'Pizzalayout' in media 'Tavern Finished.jpg'

Thanks for the info and invite. FYI, I'm using my Genesis MT4s (yes plural) to pull a "what-if" Tioga Mail train and the Saguaro Daylight (San Diego to Phoenix service).
  19. Pizzalayout

Comment by 'Pizzalayout' in media 'Tavern Finished.jpg'

Outstanding effort there! I like the Venetian window treatments. Nice touch. Funny, I'm looking for one of these (BLI) for my Daylight consist. Just acquired one of the new BLI GS4s. Post photos of your entire train please!
  20. Owl Mountain End of Train LED

Owl Mountain End of Train LED

Installed an Owl Mountain End-of-Train marker to my SP 72-C-3 Rider-Coach that will bring up the rear of the Tioga Mail at the South Shore Open House next month. Painted the model with TruColor's correct SP Olive Green then decorated it with MicroScale 87-241 decals.

Back