Search results

1. NVSrr1500

Locating detail hand rail parts

Kvmodels has hand rail kits for the RS3.
  2. NVSrr1500

We have snow balls
  3. NVSrr1500

Locating detail hand rail parts

The second C415 shell was printed and detailed to match the first one. Except handrails. KV models doesn't have them any more. Smokey valley is long gone. I figure I will have to make my own. Would modifying Atlas Century railings give me good matches? Or where could I get stanchions that will...
  4. NVSrr1500

Lay out plans

Well remember. Ho is almost twice the size of N scale. So You can take an HO plan and cut the sizes in half to get an N scale plan.
  5. NVSrr1500

Asphalt Roadway Paint

I have used the sand paper too. Once I figure out a simple weathering technique for it, I know it can look really good
  6. NVSrr1500

Asphalt Roadway Paint

I could go into all kinds of reasons for what color is needed for where.. i deal witht he real ones and there are nurmerous reasons for why the colors is varied so much. Bestanswer for anybody doing roads a light medium grey over a cementicious material with a white grey dry btush and india...
  7. NVSrr1500

Power to idle locomotives on the layout

I always thouhhht it was a current draw sort of thing. Especially if you did not have boosters
  8. NVSrr1500

RED Plastic Gears

The Nylon has a little give and stretch to it that allows for the tight fit on the axle without splitting over time. Where as the POM doesn't , and splits from the pressure caused by the tight forced. fit. Especially if the plastic is not chemically engineered right.
  9. NVSrr1500

415 printed prpgress

The printed C415 primed and in process of being detailed. I have no idea why I primed it first Old age moment. It will get the leaser orange and grey The chassis is being printed now
  10. NVSrr1500

4x8 HO layout design competition

If enough submit something, this could be a good thread to send those looking for layout ideas
  11. NVSrr1500

Beginner's tunnel portal question

I t does indeed count
  12. NVSrr1500

They are aending me a plague for on the wall
  13. NVSrr1500

The first one looks like a straight approach but it goes into a 20 inch curve just before it enters. Itis wider than a single track, but narrower than a double. These are based on similar around Scranton Pa. Just some ideas
  14. NVSrr1500

Under the lake

Why is the little mermaid song under the sea stuck in my head now. Just replace sea with lake
  15. NVSrr1500

Doing that with the schnabel car is the best way. Or a car of i have done both. Depending on what type of construction the portal is. Cut stone or comcrete, era and such
  16. NVSrr1500

A postwar view

A classic postwar train. Santa Fe. f units is post office box car. The refer car is the Santa Fe chief one. The three tofc cars and the 6017 red caboose 5 x 9 layout size. More 1950 ish in scope. Nothing like the large ho layout in more detail and modern complexity. This one is a...
  17. NVSrr1500

Double track is plenty wide enought for a single on a curve. I have one for a 22 inch curve. Clears everything except the centipedes. It i realign the position they will clear it too. It sits to one side a bit much Funny my Allegheny clears it fine and that is longer. Take the...
  18. NVSrr1500

cantilever build saga continues. the thread

Not much has been done past putting the masts on and the railings, adding a ladder, and a base. Waiting on LEDs to come in to finish the hard part. It got a coat of paint too
  19. NVSrr1500

Techniques for Painting/weathering Wooden Loading Dock

Vallejo paints has diferent kits for weathering wood and such. in the kit is a detailed explanation on how to use those paints and pigments to achieve very realistic weathering effects. they go to the point of explaining how the layering of the paints and pigments achieve the look. well...

Back