Search results

1. Kylemaneti95

Baltimore&Ohio P7 class, CAD model update: 05/08/24 Cylinder block

Hello everyone, I’ve gotten a little more work done to the locomotive tonight. I’m still working on tying up the front end of the locomotive and have started todo some more work to the cylinders. I made an extremely crude model of the cylinders much earlier on in this project but now it’s time...
  2. Kylemaneti95

Alright, just one photo for the update tonight. I am still slowly progressing with the model, I have decided to start finishing out the front of the smoke box, pilot and all other various components that are attached to this area. I have had to redesign a couple of components that I modeled...
  3. Kylemaneti95

Alright, I’ve added some more parts and have the smoke box door/front face almost finished. There are still some small changes and things I still need to add. I’ve also started work on the sand dome. I have the profiles roughed out, as well as the sand box that goes in the sand dome. This was a...
  4. Kylemaneti95

Got another small update tonight guys, I’ve been working on detailing more of the smoke box and have added in the headlight/bracket, number plate, and the smoke box door lugs. I still have some tweaking to get things 100% but here is how the smoke box door is shaping up.
  5. Kylemaneti95

Hello everyone, I have a relatively quick update for everyone tonight. I have gotten my laptop up and running, and I have continued modeling the P7 on the computer instead of using an iPhone. The user interface is a little bit different than with the mobile device. I am still getting used to it...
  6. Kylemaneti95

Hey guys, another quick update for all. I have continued working on the tender for the locomotive, I have finished nearly all other parts in the tender and have started adding some more detail bits, mainly the brake rigging. I’ve gotten a majority of the parts modeled in the last couple days. I...
  7. Kylemaneti95

Hello everyone, small update but pretty good news. I have purchased a laptop from a friend of mine, it needs a new copy of windows and a factory reset, once that is finished I will be able to power up my 3d printer and finish getting the 3d printer rebuild complete. I will also continue modeling...
  8. Kylemaneti95

Alright I’m back, I’ve been pretty busy working on some other things this week but I have managed to make some more progress on the tender for the P7. This week I’ve been focusing on finishing up the coal bunker as well as detailing the front of the tender itself. I started by detailing the rest...
  9. Kylemaneti95

Small update on the tender today guys. I have started to work out the supporting inner stricter that the physical tender body is mounted to. I roughed out a rough skeleton that wraps fully around the tender and started to figure out the placement of the Stoker engine access door which sits on...
  10. Kylemaneti95

Hon3 historic model of the Morrison branch of the D.S.P.&.P RR

Thank you so much for the reply friend and thank you for posting those plot maps. I’ve seen a couple before, but not these and of a lower more grainy quality lol. I’d love to see how your layout looks, switching to n scale would definitely help minimize space for me as well. And I agree, our...
  11. Kylemaneti95

Okay, I’ve done more work to the coal bunker and I’m getting closer to a more finished tender thankfully. I’m getting really excited to start working on the rest of the locomotive itself. I still have to print off all the new drawings that I’ve been working with in regards to the tender. I’m the...
  12. Kylemaneti95

Aright, it’s been about 3 weeks since my last post, sorry for the delay. I have not done very much modeling at all (except an hour last night) My family and I moved to a new house so we’ve been busy getting settled, I’m still waiting for taxes to hit so I can order the remaining parts I want to...
  13. Kylemaneti95

Got a small update for you guys tonight. I won’t be working on the model for a few days as I’ve run into a problem that’s made working impossible. The program I use on my phone needs an update, but apple has made it so you need to have a minimum amount on your credit card in order to install an...
  14. Kylemaneti95

Hey guy, just dropping in to give a brief update. I have been working on the tender water tank for the p7 for the last few days and have finally gotten this portion of the tender nearly finished. Ironically this is one of the larger assemblies I’ve worked on so far. I’ve attached a couple of...
  15. Kylemaneti95

Hon3 historic model of the Morrison branch of the D.S.P.&.P RR

I believe it does, I have been able to import a few drawings into my part studio for the B&O P7 locomotive. As to attaching pdfs, I think you might be able to, I have never done this before though. Maybe another member could chime in hopefully
  16. Kylemaneti95

They have some pretty decent tooling at harbor freight for sure. I can’t remember if the lathe from there included bits or not as that’s so long ago now lol. I agree, trade schools are really the answer. You can get trained into a skill that not many other people possess or have interest in...
  17. Kylemaneti95

Okay small update. I have started work last night on the coal bunker and water tank, things are still very rough and will need a lot more work to get done. Also please note, neither of these assemblies are in the correct location to eachother or the tender frame components I’ve already modeled...
  18. Kylemaneti95

From what I remember the harbor freight lathe was not terrible, I just had crummy tools and not a lot of material to practice on when I had it. I’m not sure if they still offer it. I graduated ten years ago now, the class I took was through a trade school, they would allow high school students...
  19. Kylemaneti95

Okay I gotcha, when I graduated high school I bought one of the cheaper lathes from harbor freight but, life did a complete 180 on me shortly after and I lost it unfortunately. That’s good that it’s large enough todo the tires on gauge one. That’s one thing I’m worried will happen if I order a...
  20. Kylemaneti95

That’s also what I’ve been noticing with the trumpeter kits as well. I’ve been watching some assembly videos on YouTube and have seen this mentioned before, as well as some fitment issues when using the photo etched detail parts that you can get separately

Back