Search results

1. N

Old Marx Questions

Thank you all for your help. I have another question. But first, I bought 2 separate sets from the thrift sale. The first set came with a transformer like I remember from 1959 0r '60 Christmas. It sat on its bottom and said "Toy Transformer" on the top where the lever is. The engine was plastic...
  2. N

Old Marx Questions

Another question, and there will be one more following. Seeing as how there is a 62 year gap in my electric train knowledge, and the greatest probability is that all I ever knew as a toddler was most likely Marx or Sears Allstate, I'm of the opinion that this Marx track is not of the highest...
  3. N

Old Marx Questions

OK Here is what I get for my weekend of work. This is my Marx 999 train. The track is an assemblage of 2 train sets, old and new (new being about 1960 I'm guessing). What I did was pull the track apart in sections of 5 pieces and jumper the individual joints of the center rail. Dramatic...
  4. N

Old Marx Questions

I set up this old tarnished thrift store 4x8 Marx outfit 2 days ago, expecting very little. I got exactly nothing. So I spent the WHOLE DAY yesterday cleaning, straghtening, sanding, and pinching ends to fit more tightly, and still got nothing. So out out came the voltohmeter to individually...
  5. N

Old Marx Questions

Thank you. I have a few more questions that might help get me off to a good start. today was Saturday and I spent the entire day cleaning and straightening a batch of old track, and sanding joining pins and re-pinching the ends to insure good mating and contact. Yet I still have weak sections...
  6. N

Old Marx Questions

New to this forum, and new to model trains, if you discount what I learned as a 3 or 4 year old in 1959 and 60. Now a worn out old man I snagged me some Marx stuff just like I had then, which was more likely Allstate from the Sears Roebuck. I doubt my Dad was in any financial condition for Santa...

Back