Search results

1. John from Indiana

Structure Interiors

I'm seeing more and more structures with photos or Post Cards (remember those?) interiors. Like a book shop would have photos of books on shelves, a pool hall would have photos of pool tables, etc. Where are people finding those pictures...or Post Cards? I'm looking for barber shop interiors...
  2. John from Indiana

The Wharf at the end of the line

Here's a sample of my work; this is the wharf area where Big Ass Mountain use to be. I cut the ends out of an Accurail Freight car to convert it over to a automobile car. The Fos Wharf is gone. It really didn't do anything to the layout...so gone is gone. I rip out stuff more that I replace...
  3. John from Indiana

California Model Company structures?

I bought this kit when I got out of the Air Force back in '66 and never got around to building it. I have another kit by California Models, it's cardboard also. Has any one ever built one of these kits? Honestly, the cardboard sides appear to be bowed and the plastic windows look to large...
  4. John from Indiana

Mind boggling HO layout

Thousands of little people and very well built structures...eve Forrest Gump sitting on a bench........................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjoW5BVJHoA
  5. John from Indiana

I need help on Campbell's Produce Shed

My current structure build is Campbell's HO scale Produce Shed. I am building the produce shed itself now. The instructions are kind of vague on how to install the 50 roof rafters onto the shed roof center beam. Has anyone built this kit and remembers how they glued all the rafters on to have...
  6. John from Indiana

John from Indiana's layout

Once upon a time, in a land far far away; my wife gave me a FSM Houligans' Alley. This was great. I've been into Model Railroading on and off for all my life. My dad was a boilermaker for the Southern Pacific; before than the "Rock" in Oklahoma. He took me to the Los Angeles yards a few...

Back