Search results

1. NorthTexasRailroad

What are you buying this Month?

They say good things come to those who wait and I think it's true. Got my first Scale Trains locomotive in the mail yesterday. A BNSF AC4400CW with BNSF Heritage II scheme. I finally see why they are loved by modelers. The sound and details are amazing! Definitely next level.
  2. NorthTexasRailroad

Just joined the hobby

Welcome to the forums Texas Northern! Are you here in Texas like myself?
  3. NorthTexasRailroad

Welcome to the forums Phil!
  4. NorthTexasRailroad

Back to the hobby

Welcome to the forums! Looks like you have a great starting point.
  5. NorthTexasRailroad

Hello From Nscaler7

Welcome to the forums Nscaler!
  6. NorthTexasRailroad

Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Good morning everyone! Weather should be nice here in North Texas with a high around 83F. Have to go into work for a bit today, but then it's off to dinner to celebrate my niece's 8th birthday. Other than that, just working on chores around the house this weekend.
  7. NorthTexasRailroad

Walthers GP35

Willie, not a desire for a GP35 per se, but Willie, It isn't that I want a GP35 per se, but I do like the older Santa Fe paint schemes. This seemed a like a good one to get potentially. Scale Trains doesn't have anything available at present. Their Santa Fe SD40-2 was most recent, but they...
  8. NorthTexasRailroad

Walthers GP35

This might be the wrong place to ask this, but I didn't see another thread it would be appropriate for. Anyone purchased Walthers Proto locomotives before? Thoughts (good, bad, meh)? I've mostly seen them do early diesel era locomotives. I'd like my next major purchase to be a locomotive to...
  9. NorthTexasRailroad

Saw these on Walthers Mainline 100-ton hoppers on sale and had to get them since they are for a local company (Gifford Hill started in Dallas, TX back in 1926). Also got my second car load by getting Chooch gravel loads for them.
  10. NorthTexasRailroad

Building the North Texas Railroad

Thank you Paul! Haven't done much lately, but working up plans to better handle DCC operations on a more permanent basis (getting old having to get everything out each time I want to run trains). Paul that's good to know about the additional panels. Fortunately I should just need the one which...
  11. NorthTexasRailroad

Building the North Texas Railroad

Working on a revamp of the layout with the base. Do you have a particular position that have a DCC controller mounted? I'm trying to figure out where to mount the plate for my Powercab.
  12. NorthTexasRailroad

Newbe with some questrions

Jet, I used SCARM to plan my first layout (also in the garage). It's free although there's a paid version with additional features. The free version worked just fine for my needs. Much, much more efficient to design, redesign, and redesign virtually before you buy any track etc. I went...
  13. NorthTexasRailroad

Hi there

Welcome to the forums Marco/Jay! That is a cool bridge scene btw.
  14. NorthTexasRailroad

Greetings

Welcome to the forums Traves! Lots of helpful folks here that can help answer questions.
  15. NorthTexasRailroad

Seniority Roster! How long have you been a member here?

Not too long...January 27, 2023.
  16. NorthTexasRailroad

Got a very small bonus at work the other day, so I went out to the local hobby/train store earlier today. Got an Athearn Railbox combination door boxcar.
  17. NorthTexasRailroad

New to here ,but not to model railroading

Welcome aboard the forums Dax!
  18. NorthTexasRailroad

Rising from the ashes...

Welcome aboard the forums Don! Looks like you have a great space for a layout. Keep us posted on progress.
  19. NorthTexasRailroad

New Guy

Welcome to the forums Zee! You'll find a friendly group here.
  20. NorthTexasRailroad

New "old guy"

Welcome aboard the forums Tom! Glad you're having fun, that's what this hobby is about.

Back