Search results

1. Railroad Pony

USA/RO Colour Question

What brand of and name of is the paint Ro/USA trains is using on their grey MoW cars? I'd like to do some touch ups but haven't found a real match. I'd rather not have to repaint the entire MoW train.
  2. Railroad Pony

Flatcar Origin

I have a heavy duty flat I just aquired. The base model was made by Charles Ro. The span bolsters are made of wood. Was this a prototype or a short run of these cars?
  3. Railroad Pony

Custom decals.

Where can I get custom decals made? I'm going to need a bunch of them.
  4. Railroad Pony

Korber Kits

I thought I might flail at a deceased equine and ask if there's any news about the Korber kits ever seeing the light of day again. Last thing I saw was that Entertrainment Junction had taken over the G molds. Has/did anything come of it? Any ideas where they might be now? It's a shame that such...
  5. Railroad Pony

Ore Car Overview

Okay, I said I'd post my observations on the common G scale ore cars available. This isn't intended as a product review. I'm going to list them from best (in my opinion) to not so good. I'm going to TRY to post pictures with the descriptions. First up is the LGB ore car. It's a beauty. It has...
  6. Railroad Pony

Piko Coaling Tower

I lucked out and managed to get one of the Piko coaling towers for fairly cheap. It's missing the roofs, a section of the bin top wall, and a pulley, but everything else is there and works. When you get things shipped to you, you hope that they arrive intact. This appeared to be in the...
  7. Railroad Pony

LGB Passenger Car Question

I have a LGB 3082 vestibule combine. I want to put the vestibule end parts on a 3080 coach. How in the world do you get the 'celing' of the vestibule ends off? It seems like it's glued on. I got the roof off and see that there's screws behind the bottom of the diaphragm. It looks like the...
  8. Railroad Pony

Annie length

Need a little assist. Does anyone know the length or can measure the Annie from the center of the pilot wheels to the last tender wheel? I'm in the early stages of designing a turntable and all my Annies are in storage. TIA.
  9. Railroad Pony

Bachmann little big hauler hopper

I was looking at the Bachmann little hauler hopper with the intention of making iron ore jennies out of them. I seem to remember rejecting them for some reason. Can't remember why, now. I'm thinking about it again, but I need to see what the inside of the car looks like. Every source I've found...
  10. Railroad Pony

First new project. Signals

Something I noticed as a kid was that most of the accessories for Lionel trains were WAY overscale. It occured to me they looked more like G scale items. Many started out as standard gauge accessories. The 151 semaphore signal is one of them. I bought one and started doing a little...
  11. Railroad Pony

Returning to G gauge

I drifted away from model railroading as an active hobby several years ago. I had been heavily involved before that. I did keep all the equipment, structures, and supplies though. I'm getting back into it and have noticed how things have changed over the years. Manufacturers have closed and...
  12. Railroad Pony

Returning.

I was on here years ago, but have forgotten my info. It was probably purged by now. I'm into large scale narrow gauge operation.

Back