Search results

1. GEXR

DCC capable hi-nose GP9 in CP livery?

Hello all, I am looking for a hi-nose GP9 in HO to use on minimum 18" curves. It can be either tuscan and grey or action red with the multi-mark. Does anyone know of or have experience with a reliable and detailed high-nose GP9 that I could one day use with DCC? Hopefully one with 8...
  2. GEXR

4x8 HO Layout Idea - What do you think?

Hello all, I know a few of you will cringe at the thought of yet another 4x8 design, so just consider this an 8x4! The top half is rural with one/two wooden grain elevators to be surrounded with wheat fields. The bottom is a small downtown with some small industries. The positioning of...
  3. GEXR

(MLW) RS-23 or (GMD) GMD1 in HO?

Hello all, does anyone know if these two diesels have been/are in production in HO? Thanks! RS-23 GMD1
  4. GEXR

>>Canadian grain box cars<<

Hello all, I have been looking for manufacturers of the grain boxes used by CP and CN to haul grain before they were replaced by covered hoppers. As far as I know not many companies build models of these cars. Athearn offers this: http://www.athearn.com/ProdInfo/ATH/450/ATH71967-450.jpg...
  5. GEXR

My newest attempt at a 4x8 HO layout

First of all, thanks for all the advice regarding my first attempt that, in retrospect, missed the mark completely. I feel that I have learned much since then. This layout features a large yard and yard lead that are completely off the mainline. I exchanged the roundhouse for a 2-stall...
  6. GEXR

Removing old solder from rails

I have recently acquired a lot of used HO snap track that had been connected using rail joiners and solder. There is a lot of turnouts and 18" curve sections that I would like to salvage and use/sell. I have separated all of the track sections by breaking the rail joiners in half. Now, I...
  7. GEXR

Please critique my 4x8' HO layout plan

This is a 4x8' HO layout designed on the 1995 Atlas RTS release. I modified the "Great Plains" plan from "Six HO Railroads You Can Build" (Book #13, Oct. 1989) by adding a small yard with turntable and a couple spurs. I realize that the design is quite busy, however, I'm sure I would enjoy the...
  8. GEXR

Should I use old brass track to build new layout?

Years ago, I inherited a large HO train collection including a wealth of code100 brass track and turnouts. I have since designed my first 4x8' layout that will require additional track, however, it looks like brass track is no longer available in stores. I also would rather not mix brass with...

Back