Search results

1. J

Lettering removal

Still trying to remove the lettering from a Kadee hopper car. Solvaset doesn't touch it & Pine oil removes both lettering & paint. Haven't tried Denatured Alcohol or Ammonia yet, I'll get to that tomorrow. Any other suggestions??? Jerry:confused:
  2. J

Lettering removal on Kadee Hopper Car

Want to remove the lettering on a Kadee car. Has anyone done this? Thier website had 1 roadname at 1/2 price, bought 2 & want to reletter them for CNJ. I usually start with Solovaset & work toward more powerful solvents. Would welcome any suggestions. Thanks, jerry
  3. J

Adding Weight

I have some wooden & resin box cars that I purchased, that are underweight.There is no way to take them apart & was wondering if you know of a way to add weight. In the past I tried adding buckshot & white glue with not much success. Any bright ideas. Thanks. Jerry
  4. J

CNJ F3 pictures

Trying to find pictures & info on the Central Jersey F3s in the green with yellow stripe paint scheme. What year did that color scheme begin? I know they were delivered in the tangerine & blue scheme. Any help would be appreciated. Jerry
  5. J

Central RR of NJ

Anyone know where I can get a picture of an early CNJ box car with the early paint scheme before the Statue of Liberty herald? Many Thanks....Jerry
  6. J

Peach Tree shops

Have any of you had any experience with Peach Tree Shops? They seem to have good prices. Jerry
  7. J

False front buildings

Sort of RR related. Why do most of the older small western buildings have false fronts? Hardly any in the East are built that way. It really limits the use of false front buildings to Western themed layouts. You can cut the front to conform to the roof pitch, but then the roof will have to...
  8. J

HO size Christmas trees

Would like to make enough HO size Christmas trees to fill a gondola. I've made trees from furnace filters etc. but never any this small (1/2-5/8") tall. Any suggestions? Thanks
  9. J

Bad powerpack?

Just got involved in an old large HO layout at a camp. There are 3 "loops" with 3 power packs. The engines on 2 of the loops seem to lose power & act as if the wheels or track are dirty. After cleaning they run ok for a while but soon slall. Is it possible that the packs are heating up &...

Back