Search results

1. B

Bogies

What are they? Trying to decide which truck and couplers I want. So many micro trains to choose from. Just ranting. Frank
  2. B

Real quick radius please

What is the minimum radius for n scale? Is it possible with flex track? Does Kato make a flex track? Thanks. Frank
  3. B

Automobiles and trucks

Where do you purchase most of your n scale autos and trucks? Mostly American models (Chevy Buick Ford and so on). Frank
  4. B

N scale couplers

What do you recommend as a good all around n scale coupler? Good and bad opinions please. Thanks Frank
  5. B

Kato n track repairs

While trying to replace the red and black wire on a crossover switch, the one side fell apart on me. Is there any place to send these to get repaired of am I screwed? The small wires have also come unglued from the soldering joint. Might the be a wiring diagram? Thank. Frank
  6. B

Compatability

I'm putting together a kato n scale switching yard. Will another brand n scale track work with it? Or is all kato what I need to use? Frank
  7. B

Need Info

Being old and feeble, is there any where I can get a track plan that gives all the info for putting a plan together? I think atlas had something like that years ago. Numbers of pieces, curves straight track switches and so on. Just want to plug and play, if thats what you call it. Frank
  8. B

Loco numbers and models

As I am reading these forum groups, I notice that there are many many different kinds of locos. F9, F5, o-6-0, pos, emd. Where does one get the knowledge of the endless names and numbers of all of them? Frank
  9. B

High costs

After wanting to get into railroading again, I have noticed that prices are out of sight , especially dcc. At 75 yrs old I guess fun and games are over. I agree that locos with dcc equipped are super, BUT $250.00. $500 just to get started. Then track costs after making a circle with a couple...
  10. B

Just going crazy

Dug out my trains from 40 yrs ago. My ho engines don’t run. They are all stuck and will not turn. Should I throw them out? i’d like go to dcc, and convert my engines. Any ideas on how to free them up and install the decoders? It’s really expensive to buy new engines with everything installed...

Back