Search results

1. S

Fuel transfer/loading platform

Just got an email from Mark......Scratch built. Yikes Maybe I might need some pics Nmaniac!
  2. S

no need unless for your own enjoyment. I'm gonna email the pres of the club and see if I can get some info. Thanks again!
  3. S

yep mike Interstate from walthers.....got it. Now looking for the platform....I'm gonna email those guys at ranier and find out what exactly it is....As usual this forum is the best Thanks all and keep the ideas coming.
  4. S

found this last night http://www.traincat2.com/
  5. S

Does this look scratch built to you? Looks like a kit to me but what kit? I need one or two of these to complete my fuel yard. Any ideas or help appreciated Oh....Its in N scale
  6. S

Life-Like GP18 broke

Thanks guys!
  7. S

Life-Like GP18 broke

I bought a life-like geep second hand and its since took a dump on me. It pushes but won't pull. I assume its gearing. Anyway...The guy at hobbytown said I could send it to Walthers and they would fix or replace the guts. Is there any truth to this or does anyone have any experience with this...
  8. S

file down loco wheels

Hmmm... The electrified fingernail file method sounds easier tho. I guess thats what he used or at least I envisioned it that way. I have this WM BL-2 thats just noisey as hell but I really like it.
  9. S

file down loco wheels

Ok....I've looked everywhere for the thread and I can't find it. There was a member that attached DC leads to metal files and ran his "pizza cutter" loco wheels on em for a bit and made them work on code 55 without rubbing the spike heads. Anybody remember that thread?
  10. S

Measuring axles

Kadee seems to only do HO and other larger scales for couplers. I would just as soon use MTL trucks and couplers (the old kadee) but from what I understand they ALL (old and new) still will rub on Atlas code 55. Is this correct?
  11. S

Which grade crossing w/ lights to buy?

Whatever you do...stay away from Model Power stuff. I was in the same boat. Not much out there to feel touch and fondel. And I hate to buy that kinda stuff on-line (as if there is alot of powered crossings available). My 4 tear old wanted the ding ding ding thing and I figured it would be a...
  12. S

Measuring axles

Ok...With that in mind. If I buy some truck and coupler assemblys from Atlas (accumate), will they be low profile wheels or regular pizza cutter type wheels. I need to switch out some Rapidos on a few Atlas cars. Oh and while I'm at it....Does bachman evem make complete truck and coupler...
  13. S

Measuring axles

I need to get some low profile wheel sets for code 55 track that won't rub the spike heads. I've decided to go with Fox Valley. My question is....How to measure the actual axles so I know which wheels to buy. I have a metric/SAE caliper but I'm a little confused on which points I am supposed...
  14. S

Ballasting question

Thanks all for your comments.....helpful indeed. I wanted to stay away from gray but it looks as if I will end up with it anyways for realism.
  15. S

Ballasting question

I'm modeling a railroad somewhere in the Pittsburgh Junction part of Ohio circa 1959. I got some WS brown fine ballast but it doesn't seem to look right. Should I be using gray or even black? The brown looks to me like soil. Its a great color tho. Any advice pics or ideas welcome. Thanks in...
  16. S

Ideas wanted for making a highway

Yes...Thanks Rex!
  17. S

Thanks and Yes its an old W22 Mustang.
  18. S

BTW Rex...What did you use to cover your hills on your layout? Is it clump foliage or individual trees? Its the same look I'm looking for when I cover my mountain.
  19. S

geez Rex...Get yer head outta the static grass!:D
  20. S

Actually the sidewalk isn't included. The road is 2.25" seperated into scale 10X20 foot and 20X20 foot sections. The 10X20s were going to be for parking but it seems to skinny for passing vehicles AND parking. Regarding the oil marks....I will go with a dark gray. You are right, its too dark...

Back