Search results

1. T

Veteran's Roll Call: All that served or serving our countries

Usmc 1981-1985 usa 1986-1989
  2. T

n scale decoders w/ sound

Can anyone recommend some reliable n scale decoders with sound please? I'm looking primarily for drop-in decoders for kato engines. Thanks. :)
  3. T

NCE Power Cab

oops meant utp's lol
  4. T

NCE Power Cab

power cab As a matter of fact, you will need to get a booster such as the SB3 if you want to have different utf's on your layout or plan on having a number of cabs(throttles). The booster helps remember your settings so you can unplug the cab. Otherwise you need to keep it plugged in.:)
  5. T

rolling stock

I've replaced a number of hornhook trucks and couplers on my rolling stock. I've found microtrains has a wide variety of good quality trucks and couplers that work great.:)
  6. T

Veteran's Roll Call: All that served or serving our countries

1981-1985 USMC ground radio tech 1986-1989 US Army chaplain assistant:)
  7. T

soldering flextrack

Does anyone have any good tips on soldering flextrack so it doesn't end up with kinks? I'm getting ready to lay track on my layout, and saw someone mention here in the forums once. Thanks.:confused:http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif
  8. T

Commuter train, freight train collide in LA; 2 die

Caught the news today myself; they were saying it looks like the METROLINK engineer may have been texting up until a minute before the crash.
  9. T

Order a shell from Atlas

Yes you can. Just go to atlasrr.com. They have a parts category where you should find what you need.
  10. T

New HO layout Town Container Terminal

A quick idea for that upper open space you indicated. You could incorporate UP2CSX's ideas with a large mountain or some large hills. This could act as a scene block and also give your layout the illusion of being bigger than it is.
  11. T

First steps into dcc sound.

AndrewC, if you do try the MRC decoders, please let us know. I have n scale Kato's myself and was thinking of giving them a try.
  12. T

New guy question about DCC and auto reversing

Onryou, I'm actually building a variation of that layout myself. Yes, you would need a reversing circuit for section C on yours. Also, Model Railroader has a book out called DCC Projects and Applications that shows how to hook a reversing circuit to a turntable should yours need one. And for...
  13. T

NCE power cab

I'm starting a new n scale layout that will be DCC, and I'm contemplating using the NCE Power Cab. However, someone told me that when you unplug the cab to plug it in another location, the system shuts down temporarily since all the command circuitry is in the throttle itself. Does anyone know...
  14. T

ballasting turnouts

I'm getting ready to build an nscale layout, using atlas turnouts, and I was wondering if anyone had any good tips on ballasting the turnouts?
  15. T

N Scale questions for you experts!!!

I noticed you said you have some katos. I prefer katos myself since they're such high quality, plus the current models have drop-circuit boards that can be swapped out for decoder boards. You may want to take yours in to the nearest dealer to check and see if they have that option. If not, it's...

Back