Search results

1. Dub

Pesky broken Screw Posts

This will show how it is suppose to look before the top is sanded flat.
  2. Dub

Pesky broken Screw Posts

The straws do not stick and are reusable. They make it easier to do more than one post at a time.
  3. Dub

Pesky broken Screw Posts

Lionel Trains have been around a long time. Older tenders and boxcars have screw posts to attach the shell to the metal frame. Over the years they split and break off. To me this has become regular maintenance, and I thought I would share my repair on the subject. Shown here is the typical...
  4. Dub

Lionel HO GP-9 "GM 50" Chessie / B&O

Unfortunately, I have ignored HO It is something I should be looking for at train shows. I have a Burlington that has a pancake motor needing parts and the other one has the spring drive. At least that one works. Found that at an antique shop in Maine. One problem is that they blend in so well...
  5. Dub

Lionel Gateman (all variations)

The lady was bagging it up ( for someone else at the next table )when I interrupted her to ask to take a picture of it. The dealer I was taking with had one with a roof for 5 bucks, he knows my weakness. Four is enough. This has been a fun thread. How should I say it, the mother of all Gateman...
  6. Dub

I spotted a Marx Gateman at the Dover Show with a complete gate. Also, they had a number of gateman accessories in various needs of repair. I resisted.
  7. Dub

Marx 30 watt Transformer

There was a larger transformer with the set. So you can expect to see something posted on it in the future.
  8. Dub

Marx 30 watt Transformer

You can see the rust lines after the lower half was stripped. The final pose. This guy places out 5 to 7 volts at low and 13 volts high. It does not have an off.
  9. Dub

plywood vs OSB

I use 3/4 MDF two 4 by 8 sheets. The four legs are metal from a sears table saw and I have 2 by six side supports. It is heavy, I can stand on it and will not move with a little bump. Moisture has not been a problem. The top side is painted and I think it handles sound better than plywood.
  10. Dub

The 395 Floodlight Tower

I skipped over the assembly in pictures, but his is the older tower with a dimple bulb. @Mixed Freight you are right about the wattage. If only you can get a heat resistant cap to support the revolving Lense.
  11. Dub

The 395 Floodlight Tower

And the finished product.
  12. Dub

Marx 30 watt Transformer

The broken wire was a challenge. I used a small knife and dug around the wire and got this. After cleaning the held. Then time for a fit up. The frame was fastened with two inch screws.
  13. Dub

Marx 30 watt Transformer

Off the beaten path, I recently answered a question about a Marx 25 Watt Transformer and this was the closest I had. I thought it was worth a photo op. Well I messed with it and changed the cord but the coil wire broke. Bad luck, I think I have enough wire left.
  14. Dub

E-unit finger

I like it. Recycle the board. It is just the top that is important were the contact is made with the drum . You can use thicker material that will stand up to wear.
  15. Dub

Seniority Roster! How long have you been a member here?

2002-03-18 T 20:02:20Z Is that when the Forum was started?
  16. Dub

Dover, NH, Saturday, April 6th

TCA Northern New England Chapter Meet April 6 @ 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Train show WITH ALL SCALES, Exhibitor tables, operating layout, railroadiana items. Food on Premises. Meet some folks, discuss trains, etc. Enjoy yourself and HAVE FUN! And—No sales tax on purchases!! $5 per person, Children...
  17. Dub

I like the idea of an all inclusive thread. It is nice to know parts are available if you want to buy. Then you can save if you make your own. I ended up making three roofs. I do have a few but really, do they all need the factory made ones? Working on these can be a father /son project. Any...
  18. Dub

This is how the repaired post sits on the platform.
  19. Dub

The 395 Floodlight Tower

I had to resupply on red and wait for a break in the rain. It finally happened. I got lazy on this one and left it together.
  20. Dub

Next up is the Gatemen Sign Post. The white ones are weak amd will probably break with a small breeze. They can be fixed if you want to hav some fun. The subject. Yep broken end and the end piece is long gone. The secret is the trusty paper clip. If the end broke you just drill through it and...

Back