Search results

1. only_in_a_yj

Finished CSX C30-7 Finally

It looks like someone started sanding it down to paint it, then didn't get around to finish the job.
  2. only_in_a_yj

Weekend photofun 13/14/15 June

Grande man- great night pics! awesome idea of flashing the light upwards instead of directly onto the scene. Might be a little too blue though, maybe try using a lighter shade of blue gel? GrampysTrains- I really like that scene. Do you have any more pics of it to show?
  3. only_in_a_yj

Help me find this loco (EL-3a)

He was younger when he used to see them, so we don't know what they were really being used for. He can just remember seeing them regularly (sp?). Thanks for all your help, I can finally stop searching all the online hobby stores looking for it. Thanks for all the help!
  4. only_in_a_yj

After alot of research and some info from my dad, we figured out that the EL-3a's he used to see on the yard all the time must have been used as switchers or something. He said he saw alot of FMs and EL-C's pulling the freight.
  5. only_in_a_yj

Well, I guess I'll be using the other locos used during that era. Thanks
  6. only_in_a_yj

Does anyone know of a company making this locomotive in HO scale? From what I've found its an Alco-Westinghouse EL-3a. This was the primary locomative used for the layout I am planning.
  7. only_in_a_yj

Please help the Newb.

Whats a good online store to use? I don't have a local hobby store, so most everything I buy will come from online.
  8. only_in_a_yj

Please help the Newb.

Thanks for all the help. As for what the local hobby shops and clubs use, there aren't any. Not within a few hour drive, so you guys will be my club. I'll checkout all the thing you mentioned. Thanks
  9. only_in_a_yj

Please help the Newb.

Oops, I fixed it.
  10. only_in_a_yj

Please help the Newb.

This site has by far passed my expectations of information. Thanks for the all the information and help. After alot of searching, I found alot of people recomeded a NCE Power Cab for the DCC. http://www.bakatronics.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=558 Is that the only thing you need to run DCC...
  11. only_in_a_yj

Please help the Newb.

Great pages Chip. The lines me and my dad are into are the Virginian and the Norfolk & Western. I would like to recreate Mullens, WV (where we live). It was established mostly by the railroad and was home to a large diesel and electric shop. And right up the road was the Steam engine repair...
  12. only_in_a_yj

Please help the Newb.

I don't even know where I should start. I've got alot of HO scale stuff and some O scale Lionel stuff. I like the O guage better, but the size and price are too limiting. As for the HO stuff, I'm not sure if I could even use it on a truly realistic layout. I'll have to dig out the HO stuff, but...

Back