Search results

1. M

copyrighting question

Hi guys good evening just an idea, but i think to open my own small resin casting company i think to produce some locomotive shells , nothing specific at the moment to tell you about, but let say any type of GPxx, SDxx. is there a copyright violation? should i contact EMD or GE (according...
  2. M

CN SD70 detailing project, need your help

I started a while ago a 3-unit cn sd70/75's detailing project I started using a details west DS-298 (details for SD70/75I cn), AU-300 (auxiliary detail set) among other parts, From some reason the instructions are sometimes wrong, after looking at reference photos i found some errors, pipes/...
  3. M

Better DCC system for PC controlling

Hi all; Im in the process of designing my new layout which will be computer controlled. I'd like to know from your experience, which of the two (digitrax's 'super chief' and nce's systems) is more friendly and easy for the PC hookup and operation? as i saw, digitrax also make all the...
  4. M

advanced dcc signalling system?

DCC signal system- need your advice Hi everyone, I need your suggestion for a signal system. which do you use? are you happy with that? and, is your layout conected to your PC? soon i hope to start build my own layout, and i will include a multiple stagin yards, crosssovers and double...
  5. M

Older kato F unit coupler replacement

HI all. recently i bought for a friend a Kato F3 seems to me like an old run, along with a super chief santa fe cars. the issue is the locomotive equipped with that older style couplers and the passenger cars equipped with the newer- realistic looking couplers. now im not a big N scale expert...
  6. M

smoke in broadway ltd blue line steam

hello, i want to add smoke unit into my new T-1 2-10-4 fro BLI blueline. does anyone have any experience with this locomotive and adding smoke? thank you!
  7. M

Quantum Revolution decoders

hi guys im looking for a sound decoder for some of my locomotives and thought about the quantum revolution decoders can anyone say a word about the Revolution decoders? are they good?
  8. M

The Riveter- is it good buy?

The Riveter- good tool? Hi all recently i started in a new scratchbuild project which required riveting, i bought from my lhs low cost pounce wheel. i though its a good solution but i found it not very precise. anyway, i thought to but the NWSL's sensi-press along with the riveter- now i...
  9. M

Resin casting - vacuum

hi all im getting into resin castings. for the best results i need a vacuum pump and a vacuum chamber of course.. so i started look over eBay for the pump, and find that there are many many types so im asking you if some one have any experience with the vacuum pump what do i need for a medium-...
  10. M

Slug it!

As im going to rebuild a p2k SW1200 to a slug unit i want your opinion: i know that a slug unit cant drive by themselves- should i remove the motor of the locomotive, or leave it as-is, as a drive locomotive?
  11. M

replacement handrails?

Hi all im looking for a replacement handrails for my athearn GP9 locomotive, this is a blue box with the metal handrails. what can you suggest? does the RPP handrails are similar to the athearn's ones? thank you
  12. M

Automatic grade crossings

what can you recommand me for a DC/DCC automatic grade crossing? i tried to look over the web for these systems but it never seems to be perfect. I need it for a bi- direction single track to work with DCC and DC.
  13. M

Repowering walthers GP9

Hi guys, i want to repower my walthers trainline GP9 locomotive, whats the best way, i mean, which motor/ flywheel is the best for this project?
  14. M

Digitrax sfx in-consist?

hi there I have one of the digitrax's sound decoders, i want to know (if it possible at all), in consist- hoe do i make the slave locomotives mute the bell/ horn/ whistle?
  15. M

Favorite DCC sound decoder?

Just wanted to know what is your favorite dcc sound decoder for your diesel locomotives? i want to equipped all my diesel locomotives with sound, (some have already decoder, some still analog) anyway, what is your suggestion for the best decoder & realistic sound? is it esu, digitrax sfx...
  16. M

Kato F40ph paint

Hi just finish to super-detail my new kato F40PH (amtrak colors) But of course something should always go wrong- so i added a photo etched grills and have some place on roof that need to re-paint, but where can i get an amtrak black color paint which look similar (as possible) to match the...
  17. M

Walthers trainline gp9m

hello I decided to model the CN GP9m i think to start with walthers train-line locomotive.. what you have to say about the mechanism? (the details level arent inportent to me) is it all wheels drive? silent drive?
  18. M

passenger cars with opening doors

Hi all i have a question, hope you could help me here Here's my project: i have some walthers passenger cars which i cut the doors, i want (digitally) to open and close the doors i thought it would be easy to find micro rotary solenoids for this project but after days of searchings over...
  19. M

Rotating solenoids

Rotary solenoids Hi all i need for some project a rotary solenoids (no meter the volts- up to 16 volts) now, i try to look everywhere i can find over the internet and couldn't find any please let me know sites where i can find thank you
  20. M

Caltrain F40

Hi all i have a spectrum ho s40ph and would like to convert it to a caltrain f40phII model, as i see in some pics, some modification is needed. does anybody know what parts do i need? i mean, does anybody model this loc?

Back