Search results

1. M

Calling all Husky Stack Gurus

I have a switching system that requires either the Load Limit or the Light Weight of a car, and on all my Husky Stack cars, there is only a Load Limit on them. Anyone know the Light Weight on the 48' and 53' Husky Stacks? Thanks in advance
  2. M

Dull coat

I have been doing some weathering recently, and when I first apply the chalk, it looks great. I then head to the paintbooth, and spay a light mist of Dull Coat (or whatever its called now) on the model, and most of the lighter colors disapear, while black, rust, and dirt say in place. What...
  3. M

Amcrash passenger trains on tehachapi loop?

I'm planning a rail trip from Arizona to Oregon, and was wondering if there are any Amtrak Passenger trains that run through tehachapi loop, or only on the coast. All of the name trains I've looked at run on the coast, but didn't know about local stuff. While we are on that topic, has there...
  4. M

Appraiser needed

Hey guys, My grandparents gave a bunch of 1.5 scale model trains to a local railroad park , and are trying to claim this on their taxes. The problem is, without an official appraiser, IRS is only allowing $5,000 when they donated over $100,000. They are wondering if there are any official...
  5. M

Tightlock couplers

Does anyone make them? I've searched through most of the companies and havent found anything. I'm not talking about the "shelf" type, but the passenger type. Thanks!
  6. M

E7 Coupler pockets

I have two Bachman E7s that used the old horn & Hook system of coupler, and I have been trying to get some Kadee couplers into them, but they do not work, since there is only a pin sticking down. What is the easiest way to put Kadees on this locomotive? Also, a little off topic, has there...
  7. M

Coupler Uncoupler Bar

Has anyone here heard of cutting off the Uncoupler bar that hangs under the coupler? I have some on a pair of Dash-9s that I have, and i need to find a way to get rid of them, or hid them. Thanks in advance, John
  8. M

Modeling a minor Derailment

Whats the best way to make a car or locomotive appear as if it was involved in a derailment? I've tried using tin foil, but that didn't work like I wanted it to, and bending plastic is way to hard. Any ideas? :confused: Thanks, John

Back