Search results

1. meanjean

Looking for SFRC Reefer Boxcar Photos

Looking for a picture of the real thing, SFRC 50' mechanical reefer http://www.ebay.com/itm/D-S-ATSF-FRESH-REEFER-BOXCAR-SFRC-50205-1971-RAILROAD-SLIDE-/140756640956 Checked all the normal sites but cant find any pictures. Any links to photos would be great. Thanks for the help
  2. meanjean

Sound Traxx Mobil Decoder Lighting Help

I installed a sound traxx part #852002, model #MC2H104AT into an Athearn HO SD40 http://www.soundtraxx.com/MotorDecoders/MotorDecoders.php Its a SP loco and have used FX6 to controll my Gyra Light. Here are the issues. The light flashed bright then instead of dims goes all the way out...
  3. meanjean

Help With New Layout Ideas???

Well its getting close for us to move again. Military life isnt as friendly with model railroading. I have tired a 4x8 before and didnt like the way it worked for me. Modular wont always work since I dont know the space where Im moving to in the future. So here is what I was thinking. A...
  4. meanjean

Athearn Tusnami GN-1000 install help

Have an Athearn RTR SD45t-2. The Soundtraxx is a full board replacement. I want to remove the factory board and replace it with the GN-1000. The decoder has a front right and left wire attachment and a rear right and left attachment for track power + and -. Here is the issue. The trucks...
  5. meanjean

Noisy Athearn RTR ?

I have had several BB engines and now own several RTR engines. I just bought a new SD-40 and right out of the box this loco is significantly louder when in operation, especially at higher speeds and in corners. Slow and on the straightaway is not so bad. It is an older production run and has...
  6. meanjean

SD40T-2 Wipers, whos got em?

Who makes the best plastic wipers for Athearn tunnel motors? I found 4 sets from DA, but its not clear to me what set works best for an SD40T-2. :confused:
  7. meanjean

Does Hydrocal go bad?

Bought some lightweight hydrocal about 2 years ago. Never used it till now. Mixed it up as per directions, poured into the rock mold. Directions say remove from mold 30-40 min later. I waited 2 hrs and its still very soft, so soft if I try and remove it from the mold it just crumbles apart...
  8. meanjean

Weathering feedback

Ok be nice, but honest and give me some feedback. I was trying to get the look of an SP loco in the Pacific Northwest in the mid to late 80s. Most SD45s by then were pretty rusty and dirty. That was what my inspiration was. My opion is, I like it. The rust is still an ongoing learing curve...
  9. meanjean

Adding an SP light cluster

I picked up an Athearn RTR SD40. Missing a few critical details from the real thing. Some I can add easily and some dont seem so easy. Specifically the SP light cluster on the nose and rear. I have the nose light and know where to go for the rear 5 light cluster. Here is the question, how...
  10. meanjean

COTS and ACI what is it?

This was on a EBAY caboose, I couldnt figure out what ACI and COTS really are? Metal wheels; C.O.T.S stencil decal applied; computer scanner board ( ACI Plate )
  11. meanjean

Loksound HO decoder v3.5

I have this decoder and was thinking of selling/trading it. My other decoders our Tusnami and I wanted to standardize my decoders. It has 645 T sound in it right now. Any takers? How much does a used decoder like this go for? Chad
  12. meanjean

Who makes the white elevated roadbed?

I am looking for the white accordian style roadbed used to bring the track up or down an incline. Thanks
  13. meanjean

LOKSOUND decoder help!

I have an Athearn SD40 RTR with V3.5 decoder (HO) I have read the manual and cant figure this out. 1. I want to remap the F buttons to match other locos I have. (F4= Dynamic brakes, F3= Short horn and so on) I cant figure it out with all the tables in the manual and so on. 2. I have...
  14. meanjean

India Ink?

Used to wash over roads. Where do you buy it? Is it actual pen ink?
  15. meanjean

DCC and Loco Consist

I have been trying to get three different locos with three different decoders to run in a consist. 1. Athearn rtr sd40t-2 with Tsunami 2. Athearn rtr sd40t-2 with Digitrax 3. Athearn BB sd40t-2 with Digitrax. I have messed with starting v and can get them to run really close to the...
  16. meanjean

Digitrax DH decoders

While I was gone my son tried to run some trains, he is 8. The loco I am having issues with worked fine before this incident. Now when I try and use the loco it wont move. The rear light comes on in reverse nothing in forward. What do I do? Can I reset the decoder somehow? I have no idea...
  17. meanjean

Athearn SD40T-2 Help

I have a brand new Athearn RTR SD40T-2. Ran the loco a few times (30 min total) on DC. No issues. I then installed the Soundtraxx GN1000 decoder. Here is the problem. Sound works great loco runs great, when the front 2 wheel sets goes over the Frog on the switch the loco stops, sound restarts. I...
  18. meanjean

New Airbrush How Did I do?

Here is before and after. I used craft paint and some weathering powder. How does it look?
  19. meanjean

Digitrax DCC questions

I was looking at a Digitrax set up and I want to be wireless. I read that some are infared and others are radio? Why the diffrence? For a small 4x8 layout would infared work? Lastly, even if my controller is infared capable I would still need to buy a receiver correct?
  20. meanjean

MRC Sound Decoder help! SP MP15

I put an MRC 1804 sound decoder in my MP15. The directions say there are 7 bells, 15 horns, 2 engine types so on and so on. How do I find a list of what those horns and bells are? Do I have to sit and go through each one and guess if its the correct one for the loco? Its an SP loco if...

Back