Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. Raincoat2

Running Bear's October 2018 Coffee Shop

Good morning everyone. 51 and cloudy out there. Supposed to rain today. Time for coffee. Had another late night last night volunteering at the library book sale. Seven trailer loads of books - can you imagine?! $75,000 in sales in the first two days. Usually they make around $150K for the...
  2. Raincoat2

Bases for structures

Chet, Jeff, Jim - Thanks - this all helps.
  3. Raincoat2

Good morning all. 46 and cloudy out there. Time for coffee. Nothing new to report from the train room - still working at the Library Book Sale - one more evening tonight, then we're done. We get to shop for books for ourselves and the grandkids, too - I love books, real ones - still don't like...
  4. Raincoat2

Bases for structures

Jim (and others) - One more question - - with structures like the Merchants Row series, which come with bases for mounting but also extend out to function as sidewalks, do you cut them off or not use the bases at all and just mount the finished structure to the illustration/mat board?
  5. Raincoat2

Willie - You've heard of "accessorizing"? This is "ascenerizing." Besides, I was getting tired of "scenicking." o_O
  6. Raincoat2

Great Train Extravaganza, Albany, NY 2 December 2018

Irwindnathanson - Sure wish I could make this show, since I'm from New York (Long Island) and I model the NYCentral. Probably a great place to pick up some NYC freight cars, engines, etc. No way I can get there, though. Thanks for posting.
  7. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 39 and clear out there - must be the moon 'cause it's too early for the sun. I'll join you in a cup of coffee, Garry but I'll have a chocolate croissant to dunk in the coffee!! Nothing to report from the train room. My wife and I are members of a local group called...
  8. Raincoat2

Bases for structures

Again, thanks. I like hearing words of experience!
  9. Raincoat2

Bases for structures

Jim. Aha - the photos help a lot. Thanks for the thorough explanations, too. This gives me multiple options.
  10. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 35 and clear out there. Almost our first frost of the season this morning. Will have to wait for a while since the local meteorologist says it's warming up to the 60s the rest of this week. On another weather roller coaster, I guess. Took the day off work yesterday to...
  11. Raincoat2

Bases for structures

Jim - Thanks. I have some of the City Sidewalk pieces. My problem is when a structure does not come with a base. I need to mount it on something and then put sidewalks and streets in so they match in scale.
  12. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 47 and drizzling out there. Time for another cup of coffee. If Chet isn't going to get Montana to close their south door, then I guess I'd better bring in some more firewood and keep a lot of hot chocolate on hand this winter ;) Terry - Sorry to hear that Michael affected...
  13. Raincoat2

Bases for structures

Mike, Tony, Boris, Jeff - thanks for these tips. I remember Chet (Montanan), Willie, and several others discussing this some time ago, but I had never come to a conclusion about what would be best for me in HO scale. I have two towns, so I may have one done one way and the other done another...
  14. Raincoat2

Sherrel - great photos. I can just hear those dogs thinking "I don't have enough pee to mark this tree!"
  15. Raincoat2

Bases for structures

Thanks, Mike.
  16. Raincoat2

Good morning, everyone. 42 and cloudy out there. Slept with the window open, but closed it halfway through the night, and had to put the heat on for 10 minutes this morning to take the chill off - - first time to fire up the heaters this season! Chet - Can you get the Montana highway patrol to...
  17. Raincoat2

Menards Model Railroading Buildings.

I agree with the bulk of the comments so far on this. I have shopped Menards for the last two years, ever since they built one in Hollister, about 45 minutes south of here. This year they opened two here in Springfield. So I've looked at their structures - they have HO scale and the other day I...
  18. Raincoat2

Bases for structures

Many structures come with bases that double as sidewalks. But lots of structures don't have such bases. So I'm looking for ideas on what to mount some structures on that could be sidewalks as well. What do you all do?
  19. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 64 and cloudy out there. Rained yesterday afternoon, evening, and most of the way through the night. Hope all you Floridians ("panhandlers"??) and Georgians are prepared for Michael. God bless - stay well. Made some significant progress in "scenicking" the area around...
  20. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 71 and partly cloudy out my window. How are things in your neck of the woods? Hope all you model rr folks in Florida are okay. We lived in Lakeland for five years (2002-2007), including 2005 when four hurricanes hit our state. To this day I hate the smell of wet plywood :(...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com