Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Welcome to your Virtual Model Railroad Club on the web. Want join in the convesations?

Register for your free membership today!

1. B

Construction Cranes, models and images please

from another forum,... Check out these N scale cranes I photographed at the Arctic Run Train Show in Stevens Point, WI earlier this year: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2xHdjzRuVa2pjtLw6
  2. B

...like this one I saw on the York model railroad layout
  3. B

Back when I first re-entered the hobby, the modular concept was really ramping up. Folks where constructing modules with all sorts of individual themes. One that came to my mind was a powerplant scene/module. I had written,... I began collecting lots of construction cranes. I seem to recall...
  4. B

Designing Locomotive Acoustics for On-Board Sound Systems

In reply to that older PDF paper I had referenced on speaker installations, JT Burke responded thusly,...
  5. B

FS or Trade: Atlantic Coast Line streamline passenger cars

Someone wrote that is was some sort of lounge car,...apparently somewhat rare bottom line...everything is SOLD
  6. B

New link provided by a gentleman on another forum:
  7. B

There is another reason I have reopened this subject thread,...to include a link to this gentleman's knowledge on this subject. https://www.scalesoundsystems.com/ https://www.scalesoundsystems.com/design and his white paper Concepts and Considerations in Speaker System Design for Small Scale...
  8. B

Wow, I was just going back to read thru this older speaker/sound subject I had written about a number of years ago,...and discovered this old link to that very good PDF is no good. Would someone with more computer knowledge than I have know how to access that PFD document??
  9. B

Will the Fall of the Stock Market Affect Your Modeling?

Have any of you spent much time in Asia, and seen how the millions of Chinese run their little businesses...millions of small, often one man job-shops.?? I think you are going to see LOTS of Chinese business failures if this virus persist for very long,...and that will filter down to USA...
  10. B

Looks like I have 1 RPO 3 coaches 1 budd diner 1 pullman sleeper 1 ?......coach with angled single-seat lounge chairs? (what do you call this?)
  11. B

Can someone help me with identifying the various model designations on these passenger cars I have?? I do know the RPO car, but that's about it,...and one of them is labelled 'pullman'
  12. B

Sold one car, the remaining 6 are reduced to $150 (25 each)
  13. B

Scratchbuilding a turntable

Wow, what a long time frame you have been building your turntable (2010-2020) !......but you are doing a marvelous job ! I chose a much more more simplistic manner when I built my first one...
  14. B

Track Laying Tool?

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/full-size-paper-templates-of-trackplan.30958/page-2#post-474238 Sharpie pen idea worked,...so I can mark the centerline,...or mark the outer edges of the ties, ...or just mark the turnouts, then connect the tracks.
  15. B

Full Size Paper Templates of Trackplan

Hey Jeff, thanks for that idea. I discovered today that a black Sharpie pen would mark thru my brown paper. I think this is the route I will pursue.....lots easier than a pounce wheel, etc.
  16. B

Track Laying Tool?

Looking for the name and description of that 'wheeled type' tool that would mark the centerlines of track onto the subroadbed of plywood thru the paper pattern lying on the plywood. I have most of my track plans drawn out full scale onto brown 'construction paper', and now I wish to start...
  17. B

Full Size Paper Templates of Trackplan

What type of paper were you using that allowed the ink to soak thru? ...brown construction paper like that I drew my plans on??
  18. B

Bachmann ON30 engines

How does one determine the younger or older age of there On30 locos? I have several On30 locos that are still brand new in their boxes,...that I bought a number of years ago when a well known hobby shop was going out of business. I had been thinking of taking them to Thailand, but instead they...
  19. B

What Sound Decoders do you like?

I must admit to being a total novice with respect to this sound/DCC decoder questions. Weren't the Tsumani's suppose to be a BIG step up from the original Soundtraxx decoders? From the sounds (pun) of things those T 1's were not as big a deal as they were publicized to be??
  20. B

What Sound Decoders do you like?

I'm a little confused here: 1) Did the Ts1's all have bulky capacitors? 2) Did the Ts1 all have a 1 amp limit,...and the Ts2 have a greater amp rating? 3) Are there Ts2 in skrink wrapping?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.