Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

Sound in my O-Scale 2-Rail locomotives, you say? THAT'S HOW THEY CAME, RICO! My MTH 4-6-2 Pacific steam locomotive cost me $800, and it came with a full sound package including Whistle, Bell, Synchronized Chuff, Brake Squeal, Coupler Crash, Steam Letoff, Dynamo Whine, Air Compressor Chug when...
  2. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

I recently took my dog to the vet, where he thought Barbie had worms from the X-Ray, but it was actually an N-Scale train, which she passed. Hal
  3. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

Before building my present layout, I had an all-indoor 150-foot railroad for running my G-Scale 2-6-0 Mogul and its short consist. Now THERE was a real heavy rumbler...It made O-Scale seem like a child's toy! Brakeman Hal
  4. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

I don't want ANY activity on my Calico Freight Lines Railroad! I just like it running around and around on its 127-foot course, with nowhere else to go! I don't want to be bothered with throwing switches for sidings and spurs, and I don't want ANY man-made structures of any kind on my layout...
  5. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

It's now over, unless someone wants a reply from me. Brakeman Hal, age 83 1/2
  6. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

I don't know about my "eye site", but my eyesight is just fine! Hal
  7. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

Yes Jim, the HO track fits snugly inside my O-scale 2-rail track, but it results in a trashy, non-prototypical appearance. Nope...those 2 scales do not work together! Hal
  8. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

Hey Sirfoldalot: Yes I have a Pacific, but I'm using it for light freight service because I couldn't find a Mikado or Consolidation in O-Scale 2-Rail. It's an MTH locomotive, a Pennsy. I'll post a picture soon! Thanks for the inspirational boost...I guess I'll stay with the big stuff...I like...
  9. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

JazzDad... I believe that, JazzDad! I was just waiting for someone to tell me not to forsake a good thing that I have so much time, labor, and expense invested in! Look at the difference between my O-scale 2-Rail and the little HO engine! No way am I going back to that small equipment...
  10. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

Patrick, I have no HO items left. If I made the switch I would need a Mikado or Consolidation steamer and a GP35 Diesel Loco, plus 6 or 8 pieces of assorted freight Rolling Stock, and a Caboose. I would also need 43 pieces of 36" Flex Track. What's a PITA? Hal
  11. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

Railrunner 130, I've been retired for over 21 years... I'm 83 years old. :) I would still have to re-track AND buy On30 equipment, but I'll consider it! Brakeman Hal
  12. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

Here's my Layout: Brakeman Hal
  13. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

Over a year ago, I re-tracked my 127 foot Folded Dogbone layout from HO to O-Scale 2-Rail. Now I'm finding that my choices in Steam and Diesel engines and rolling stock is severely limited in wheel configuration and Road Names. Re-railing back to HO would not be a big problem, as I'll continue...
  14. Brakeman Hal

O-Scale 2-Rail BNSF or Santa FE SW1200 Switcher

Looking for an O-Scale 2-Rail (not Lionel 3-Rail) BNSF or Santa Fe SW 9 or SW 1200 Switcher with DCC and Sound. Brakeman Hal
  15. Brakeman Hal

An inside look at life as an Engineer (Q&A)

That was the Pennsy...the Pittsburg-Wheeling division. Hal
  16. Brakeman Hal

An inside look at life as an Engineer (Q&A)

In the 1940's, my Dad was a fireman on 2-8-2 Mikados and 2-8-0 Consolidations. He was a member of ABLE. (American Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers) When train crews discussed Union Seniority, they referred to it as "Whiskers", as "Carl has longer whiskers than Howard". When Dad had yard...
  17. Brakeman Hal

Track Cleaning Car

She's the one who ADVISED cleaning it that way, Bob! Hal
  18. Brakeman Hal

Track Cleaning Car

I keep my Cleaning Car as a permanent part of my consist! Whenever my wife launders our Whites, I slip the roller in a white sock and it comes out clean! Hal
  19. Brakeman Hal

Track Cleaning Car

Hey Burlington Bob, The roller is made of cotton and rolls freely in the frame of the cleaning car. A loose-fitting solid steel cylinder is placed inside the roller to provide weight for continuous contact with the rails. Brakie Hal
  20. Brakeman Hal

Track Cleaning Car

For cleaning your roller, just stuff it in an elastic-banded cotton sock...it won't get lost in the machine that way! Hal

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.