Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. Ericsauto

A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

Now I can Park and stage some trains!!
  2. Ericsauto

I really don't know. The whistle says "Mountainview, Arkansas"
  3. Ericsauto

I had a customer come in and ask if I wanted it. I gave him $25.00 for it . :-)
  4. Ericsauto

Here is is a picture of the train horn mounted on the wall.
  5. Ericsauto

Well, I worked for about 4 hours tonight putting down the tracks. Finally ran out of track but I got most of the yard put down. Used sheets of cork and nailed the track down so I could easily remove and change if I need it. I think it looked pretty darn straight. Now to get some more track to...
  6. Ericsauto

The airstreams I got from Walthers. The lady is pointing at a stack of wood and she is holding a shotgun and telling him "to quick drinking and get back to work! "
  7. Ericsauto

The chain pull is a train horn. I'm glad you liked it and caught the Eat Mor Chkin Cow. LOL
  8. Ericsauto

Ok, this is just a rough layout, no criticizing the track is crooked. :D Even though I use all PECO track and switches I decided to use my Atlas code 83 switches recycled from my old old Central Midland layout from 5 years ago. Hopefully, I can get all my rolling stocked smoothly through them...
  9. Ericsauto

I finally got most of the staging yard built. After 1 year of having the wood and not getting it done, it is looking like something. Such a busy year and so little done on the layout
  10. Ericsauto

I had a chance to do some scenes on some corners that were not very detailed. I like camping so I made a campground. I moved my cows from one area to this corner and added some fencing. I am actually ready for the cooler weather that will keep me working on the layout. ( I know a few cows are on...
  11. Ericsauto

Don't forget to Check the simple things on your DCC engines.

I notice that a lot of people were saying Marklin's 100 Ohm were hard to find or not made anymore and the went to 8 ohms. Some said the sound was lower which is ok by me because I turn my sound down. I only like to hear my sound from 4 feet away. I appreciate the input.
  12. Ericsauto

https://www.micromark.com/Railmaster-High-Quality-8-Ohm-Speaker-Model-No-DS28RND-8 From what I read these are the best replacement to get better sound. What do you think?
  13. Ericsauto

I have a A-B-C EMD f3 units from Precision Craft Models ( Old BLI). I have lost the sound with LOK decoders. I have been frustrated trying to find replacement decoders. Last night I tore them down and did some diagnostics. The decoders operate fine for my use but I really miss their sound. I...
  14. Ericsauto

Looking for steam locos that smoke

I have mostly all BLI. I have two MTH Loco's ( K-4 and NY Empire Express) and it takes a lot of work to keep them on the rails. Just replaced my traction tires on the Empire Express last night for the 3rd time. Never have replaced the BLI's yet and I run them the most. BLI Big Boy is just awesome.
  15. Ericsauto

Wow, I like that video. I know I have been promising people I would get back to working on the layout but this first year of retirement has been really crazy. Twin girls that are going to be 4 months old this week, parents health not doing the best and then I have been running for City Council...
  16. Ericsauto

Ok I lied. I said I was going to work on this railroad more during retirement. Seems retirement and I butt heads a lot. I have been busier now than I was when I was working. I am a business coach for 12 auto shops in the area, I am now doing Software training for a company that sells Programs to...
  17. Ericsauto

Bradenton Florida, my in-laws live there.
  18. Ericsauto

3 months into retirement and I barely have fired up the layout. Very busy handling stuff with my brother's estate and finalizing my business transaction. Just got back from Florida and I hope to get time to get back on this layout. Twins girls are going to be here May 10th if she doesn't go...
  19. Ericsauto

Thanks Greg, I really appreciate that. Eric
  20. Ericsauto

Just an update since I last posted on September 29th. Model railroad work has slowed down due to a big change in life. On October 2nd of this year, I lost my brother of 60 years old and I am the administrator of his estate. ( which is a complete train wreck, pardon the analogy.) At the same...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.