Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. NP2626

Model Railroading order Fulfillment times?????

I have been a customer of M.B. Klein/ModelTrainStuff for many years, actually since 1st Place Hobbies went out of business. However, it has been a while since I ordered anything from them! Last thursday, the 5th of December 2019, I placed and order for a few Mox Nix parts I needed. They...
  2. NP2626

Branchline Blueprint Passenger Car

Sherrel D. This would never have happened, because I didn't know there was going to be a problem until I mounted the trucks, with the beams as supplied by Branchline.
  3. NP2626

This is one of those projects where hindsight really helps out! Were I to build anymore Branchline Blueprint passenger cars (which I certainly may) I would cut the main beams to length, previously to installing on the car. A real problem with the purchase of these cars is that at this time...
  4. NP2626

Patrick, I assume by "Rails" you mean the main beams of the underside of the car. If I;m wrong, could you clarify what you mean. The modifications I made now allow the car to run on at least 22 inch radius track.
  5. NP2626

First photo shows the Branchline Blueprint 60 foot Pullman Car's undersides with the modification to the main beams. This photo also shows the amount of detail Branchline Blueprint cars have on their undersides! Although my car looks cluttered on the undersides (realistic) I can state that I...
  6. NP2626

Oh, yea, how thoughtless of me!
  7. NP2626

"Varry Interestink" At this moment, 50 people have read this post but no one has made a comment.
  8. NP2626

What Type of Uncoupling Method Do You Use on Your Layout

I use skewers. Tried the tween rails magnets and you'd have to have miles of them to get the job done. Also tried a RIX uncoupler and it really didn't seem to work at all. The skewers work and work wherever you need to uncouple.
  9. NP2626

Have you built any Branchline Blueprint Passenger cars and if so, what did you think? I have built many Branchline Blueprint or Yardmaster kits and they are one of my favorite kits to build. I love all the detail parts and they're fit to the car. Other than some parts being very small and...
  10. NP2626

Stripping old paint off a project.

I've always found that the old paint provides a great layer to grab a hold of, for the new coat. Something different about how I paint, if I'm going to spray I use rattle cans; but, for 99% of the painting I do, I use a brush to paint! In other words, I don't own an air brush, compressor; or...
  11. NP2626

Maybe a better way of putting this might be: When you are going to re-paint a model, why do you feel it's important to strip the old paint off? Then: if you are going to re-paint your model why do you feel it is necessity to apply a coat of PRIMER? It would seem to me that one reason to strip...
  12. NP2626

Forgot to mention I never use primer; either, unless it is a metal project.
  13. NP2626

I see people feel the need to strip-off the old paint from a modeling project. They use alcohol, AC 22 or, some other types of strippers and showing great care not to damage the plastic under the paint. I bought a bottle of Paint Stripper many years ago, still have it as it simply doesn't get...
  14. NP2626

What is your general thoughts on your endeavor into the model railroading hobby?

Revival, I think your right, the hobby is about your personal enjoyment. It's my opinion that as well as working and relationships, personal time to seek out and enjoy something for ourselves, is as important as any other aspect of our lives.
  15. NP2626

What is your general thoughts on your endeavor into the model railroading hobby?

My guess is that most of us have other activities we're involved with, especially when the weather gets nice. Brakeman Hal, you've had an interesting childhood, doing something many of us could only dream of, thanks for sharing!
  16. NP2626

I have given my opinions on this hobby at times and it sometimes seems to get me into trouble. I must cast the appearance of an overbearing outlook on things at times; however, that isn't really how I think! I'd like to think I am actually pretty casual about the hobby. As a liberal, I am...
  17. NP2626

Rivarossi heavy weight passenger cars

What do you feel is the minimum radius?
  18. NP2626

Rivarossi heavy weight passenger cars

Has anyone converted Rivarossi's newer heavy weigh passenger cars to Kadee couplers? If so, what coupler did you use? I want to body mount the couplers and not use truck mounted if I can. Thanks for your help!
  19. NP2626

My Northern Pacific Butte Montana Layout.

On occasions I get a little bored with Model Railroading and need to take a break from it. Along with my interests in Radio Controlled Model Airplanes, I have had a very deep interest in World War One plastic model airplanes. I love the details available for these airplanes (Aeroplanes) and...
  20. NP2626

What is the Name of Your Model Railroad?

Until I became interested in modeling the prototype and specifically the Northern Pacific, I called the layout the H.P.& N.W. This was sort of a play on the name C.& N.W. (Chicago & Northwestern). H.P. & N.W. stood for Hard Play and No Work. Since I grew up watching trains along the Northern...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.